Search results

1. R

Honor of guest blog posting

Hey guys, A lot of you know Ronnie Sharpe from Runsickboyrun.com I had the honor and pleasure of writing a guest post for him. Please check it out. I have included a link to my blog as well. http://findingtruth1.blogspot.com/2013/10/guest-posting.html Ashley
  2. R

Sick Days

Hey guys: check out my blog here http://www.findingtruth1.blogspot.com/ Sick days...I hate them. I don't get to work out, I can't walk the dog, and I simply don't feel like myself. At the same time they force me to simply rest. I usually sit in front of the TV, read if I feel well enough, and...
  3. R

Encouragement to those struggling to improve lung function

Hey guys - I just want to give you some encouragement. March 2012, my lung function was at it's worst - 57%. I was in the hospital for 3 days and sent home for 2 weeks of IV antibiotics. This was my first hospitalization yet, I was just about to turn 25. This Wednesday at clinic, my lung...
  4. R

Do I need to go to ER?

I am not very good at telling when I need to go to the doctor or ER. I have only been hospitalized once for my CF. The time I went to the ER, I had been working 50+ hours a week and working out 5-6 days a week up until the day I went. I realized it was time to go, when I couldn't make it up my...
  5. R

Cipro and anxiety and depression

Question... I have taken Cipro for many years now since it is what I am sensitive to. I just got over a battle with the flu. Or so my doctor says so, I wasn't actually tested for it and there wasn't really any point in doing so since it was too late for Tamiflu. Anyway, he put me on Cipro. Last...
  6. R

Abnormal pap smear

Quick background information: Been having bad bloating and digestive issues after never really having much issues with bowel movements. Went to GI doctor and he ruled out any gastric emptying problems. Put me on Miralax and Metamucil. Also, went to gyno to see if the issues could be related to...
  7. R

Stomach issues - Gastroparesis?

I know lots of us struggle with stomach issues on here so maybe ya'll can give me some insight. I've had a lot of nausea, heartburn, general pain, fatigue, and bloating lately. Went to the gastroentrenologist yesterday and he said it could be a number of things: general pancreatitis symptoms...
  8. R

CF tattoos

Hey guys! Thinking of getting "breathe easy" tattooed on me as a reminder of the struggle we face daily. Does anyone have any tattoos that are CF related?
  9. R

hiatal hernia

I've been told I have a hiatal hernia. I have had my gall bladder out a few months ago and during the tests to figure that out, the docs discovered the hernia. I still get occasional bouts of serious pain and I believe it's because of the hernia. It's like heart burn and there is tenderness to...
  10. R

First time on IVs and very tired

Hello, This is my first time on IVs and I'm wondering if it's normal to feel so tired. I am on my 14th day of a 21 day course of Tobramycin and Zosyn and I'm very tired. I just turned 25 and have never been hospitalized for CF so this is all new to me. My lung function dropped to 57% when I was...