Completely disgusted with all the drug talk.

Pete

Why keep reading it if it upsets you?...

I read some of the pot thread and just thought how insane it was, then stopped reading it, simple.

You might need to say to your child that forums are usually made up of people with a "chip on their shoulder" and not everything they say is gospel, I'm well balanced, I've got a chip on both shoulders...but you can't expect Admin to censor the site unless it degenerates into hurtful attacks, it keeps it interesting and breaks up topics.

Hermit

GOOD GRIEF!!

I posted the heroin in the port thing as pure vitriole!! SARCASM, people!!

Anyone reading my responses in the WEED forum ALONE would realise that I don't even condone THAT, let alone anything harder!

Wow.

Sarcasm. Sarcasm, people.

Hermit

GOOD GRIEF!!

Anyone reading my responses in the WEED forum ALONE would realise that I don't even condone THAT, let alone anything harder!

Wow.

Hermit

GOOD GRIEF!!

Wow.

jbrandonAW

FYI guys just cuz its locked doesn't mean you can't go read it it just means you can't post on it anymore... (atleast I read it...o wait...the drugs)

sorry couldn't resist

jbrandonAW

FYI guys just cuz its locked doesn't mean you can't go read it it just means you can't post on it anymore... (atleast I read it...o wait...the drugs)

sorry couldn't resist

jbrandonAW

sorry couldn't resist

JennifersHope

Just wanted to point out because I am a dork that the actual word "sarcasm" means to tear the flesh.. OUCH.. sounds like that would hurt.....

Has nothing to do with either thread but just wanted to say it.. I learned it a few years ago...

The word comes from the late Latin word, sarcasmus, which, in turn, comes from the Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein - to bite the lips in rage,- from sarx, sark-, flesh - the root word literally means "to cut a piece of flesh (from the targeted person)."

Sarcasm is proverbially described as "the lowest form of humor but the highest form of wit" (a quotation sometimes ascribed to Oscar Wilde, but untraceable).

So here is to cutting the flesh and having the highest form of wit....

Jennifer The Dork

JennifersHope

Just wanted to point out because I am a dork that the actual word "sarcasm" means to tear the flesh.. OUCH.. sounds like that would hurt.....

Has nothing to do with either thread but just wanted to say it.. I learned it a few years ago...

The word comes from the late Latin word, sarcasmus, which, in turn, comes from the Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein - to bite the lips in rage,- from sarx, sark-, flesh - the root word literally means "to cut a piece of flesh (from the targeted person)."

Sarcasm is proverbially described as "the lowest form of humor but the highest form of wit" (a quotation sometimes ascribed to Oscar Wilde, but untraceable).

Jennifer The Dork

JennifersHope

Jennifer The Dork

Allie

Ironic, considering that many of Wilde's works contained sarcasm and irony. Brilliant man.

My favorite quote on sarcasm is "Sarcasm-intellect on the offensive" and Shakespeare's "Always the dullness of the fool is the whetstone of the wits"

Some people don't like sarcasm....I don't care for puns or slapstick. But, I leave the Three Stooges to those who can enjoy them, and enjoy David Spade myself. Also ironic the fact that some people who hate sarcasm so much think the Emily Debbie, and I are funny. When we're all very sarcastic people. *shrug* To each thier own.

Allie

Ironic, considering that many of Wilde's works contained sarcasm and irony. Brilliant man.

My favorite quote on sarcasm is "Sarcasm-intellect on the offensive" and Shakespeare's "Always the dullness of the fool is the whetstone of the wits"

Some people don't like sarcasm....I don't care for puns or slapstick. But, I leave the Three Stooges to those who can enjoy them, and enjoy David Spade myself. Also ironic the fact that some people who hate sarcasm so much think the Emily Debbie, and I are funny. When we're all very sarcastic people. *shrug* To each thier own.

Allie

JennifersHope

Em, I love your sarcastic 'ness" .... You crack me up and you wouldn't be you without it...I think my post came out wrong I didn't mean it to be rude at all and when I reread it I can see how it would be and if it did I am sorry.I honestly was just being a dork about knowing the root word...

Allie, not sure if that is addressed to me or not, I don't know who you mean by "some people" BUt I don't like sarcasm when it hurts someone... The kind of sarcasm that was on the drug post was fine with me.. I thought it was funny as well and I was trying to think of something to add to it but couldn't...

Again don't know who you mean by some people, but I will speak for myself, I think Debbie and Em are both hysterical and they are both dear to me..

I don't like sarcasm in the form of when it hurts other ppl, I however, love wit and humor and sarcasm that doesn't hurt someone else.... Not sure if that is ironic or not...

and even if I hated sarcasm all together.. I would still like Emily and Debbie because they are my friends based on a lot of things... not just their funny sense of humor..

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Em, I love your sarcastic 'ness" .... You crack me up and you wouldn't be you without it...I think my post came out wrong I didn't mean it to be rude at all and when I reread it I can see how it would be and if it did I am sorry.I honestly was just being a dork about knowing the root word...

Allie, not sure if that is addressed to me or not, I don't know who you mean by "some people" BUt I don't like sarcasm when it hurts someone... The kind of sarcasm that was on the drug post was fine with me.. I thought it was funny as well and I was trying to think of something to add to it but couldn't...

Again don't know who you mean by some people, but I will speak for myself, I think Debbie and Em are both hysterical and they are both dear to me..

I don't like sarcasm in the form of when it hurts other ppl, I however, love wit and humor and sarcasm that doesn't hurt someone else.... Not sure if that is ironic or not...

and even if I hated sarcasm all together.. I would still like Emily and Debbie because they are my friends based on a lot of things... not just their funny sense of humor..

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Jennifer

bmombtoo

I'll add my $.50 worth. I read the pot thread and I thought it was stupid and couldn't believe that somebody would post that. I am a non-user, always have been, always will be. As am almost professional I thought we should direct the young man to a 12 step goup. It was an inappropriate thread for a CF support group. Teens read evey thing and everywhere......just because they may hear something in school doesn't mean it should be everywhere. Ever heard of providing a nurturing environment?

I missed the drug thread and I would probably not have figured out that it was a joke. Sorry I'm a mom that still sensors all music downloads and turns off the radio when SNOOP sings "drop it like its hot" ) all the pimps and the hoes).