Completely disgusted with all the drug talk.

Lilith

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>bmombtoo</b></i>Teens read evey thing and everywhere......just because they may hear something in school doesn't mean it should be everywhere. Ever heard of providing a nurturing environment?</end quote></div>

Nurturing environment?! I call that sheltering and being way over-protective! Are we suggesting now that teens are too stupid to make their own choices and therefore we need to shelter them like they're two!? Give me a break! I've really had it with the, "OMG, kids might see!" crap. I'm not going to overcompensate for someone else's bad parenting, and if you can't handle that, too bad. If the world has really become so incredibly paranoid about their kids, and have no faith in their ability to tell right from wrong and make decisions on their own, I'm moving to my own little island somewhere because everything's officially gone to Hell.

Lilith

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>bmombtoo</b></i>Teens read evey thing and everywhere......just because they may hear something in school doesn't mean it should be everywhere. Ever heard of providing a nurturing environment?</end quote></div>

Nurturing environment?! I call that sheltering and being way over-protective! Are we suggesting now that teens are too stupid to make their own choices and therefore we need to shelter them like they're two!? Give me a break! I've really had it with the, "OMG, kids might see!" crap. I'm not going to overcompensate for someone else's bad parenting, and if you can't handle that, too bad. If the world has really become so incredibly paranoid about their kids, and have no faith in their ability to tell right from wrong and make decisions on their own, I'm moving to my own little island somewhere because everything's officially gone to Hell.

Lilith

Lilith

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>littledebbie</b></i>

*****Debbie packs bag, prepares to move to Lisa's island. Might need extra bag for shoes...*****</end quote></div>

LOL...come on over, Debbie, there's plenty of room (even for the shoes)!

Lilith

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>littledebbie</b></i>

*****Debbie packs bag, prepares to move to Lisa's island. Might need extra bag for shoes...*****</end quote></div>

Lilith

welshgirl

a thought to all those people who think pot is ok.

90% of all people on psychiatric wards are or were in the past heavy pot smokers.

smoking pot leads to other use of other "heavier" drugs.

how anyone with a serious lung condition would ever dream of SMOKING pot or anything else is beyond me .

welshgirl

90% of all people on psychiatric wards are or were in the past heavy pot smokers.

how anyone with a serious lung condition would ever dream of SMOKING pot or anything else is beyond me .

welshgirl

Jennifer1981

To those that support my opinions on the drug topics - thank you.

One note, I was NOT only refering about the herione thread that is now locked. I was referring to ALL DRUG related threads. I usually DO avoid them. As a matter of fact, I avoided the recent one about pot that had so many responses. HOWEVER when I saw another one listed right after the other, I decided to read it and see what people were saying. I couldn't believe that two were posted so back to back. The only reason I posted was becuase the remark with herione in the port, joke or not, was over the top. That did it for me. HOWEVER, I am not picking ON JUST THAT ONE. Nor do I think it is far that one is locked and others are ignored.

I realize that I could have just left, and I still may. However, I wanted the creators of this forum to know why and see how many other people are influenced by all the drug threads. I'm sure many new people are scared off by it. I would be.

As far as kids having access to the adult forums, it quite easy. You CAN NOT be watching your kids 24/7. There are no required passwords to enter each topic section this is a forum for all age groups. Therfore, should it not be kept somewhat monitored? If this was just an adult site, it wouldn't matter what was posted. I still would avoid it if drugs were such a pronounced topic, but that would give others an opportunity to be as graphic as needed.

Overall, it's just a shame. I have learned a lot from this forum. I enjoyed helping others. Also, I made a few friends. It's just a shame that you state your opinion and you p*ss off not just 1 person, but in many cases their whole family. Everyone is related. I really did enjoy being a part of this site.

Jennifer 24 w/CF

Jennifer1981

One note, I was NOT only refering about the herione thread that is now locked. I was referring to ALL DRUG related threads. I usually DO avoid them. As a matter of fact, I avoided the recent one about pot that had so many responses. HOWEVER when I saw another one listed right after the other, I decided to read it and see what people were saying. I couldn't believe that two were posted so back to back. The only reason I posted was becuase the remark with herione in the port, joke or not, was over the top. That did it for me. HOWEVER, I am not picking ON JUST THAT ONE. Nor do I think it is far that one is locked and others are ignored.

I realize that I could have just left, and I still may. However, I wanted the creators of this forum to know why and see how many other people are influenced by all the drug threads. I'm sure many new people are scared off by it. I would be.

As far as kids having access to the adult forums, it quite easy. You CAN NOT be watching your kids 24/7. There are no required passwords to enter each topic section this is a forum for all age groups. Therfore, should it not be kept somewhat monitored? If this was just an adult site, it wouldn't matter what was posted. I still would avoid it if drugs were such a pronounced topic, but that would give others an opportunity to be as graphic as needed.

Overall, it's just a shame. I have learned a lot from this forum. I enjoyed helping others. Also, I made a few friends. It's just a shame that you state your opinion and you p*ss off not just 1 person, but in many cases their whole family. Everyone is related. I really did enjoy being a part of this site.

Jennifer 24 w/CF

Jennifer1981

Jennifer 24 w/CF

TheInkDoll

"... a thought to all those people who think pot is ok.

smoking pot leads to other use of other "heavier" drugs. "

Since everyone has already suggested taking chill pills and getting senses of humor, i won't repeat those suggestions.

i just wanted to state that the above statistic made me laugh. 90% of psych ward patients used pot... no sh*t, it's because 90% of the world population uses/used pot. Thats like saying that 90% of all people on psychiatric wards have taken a piss somewhere other than a toilet... give me a small break.

And, the word "heavy" is relative.

Not to mention the "gateway" drug bs. i have plenty of friends who smoke pot everyday, but would never touch something "heavier". i have friends who do "heavier" drugs as well, and i don't think any of them would list marajuana as their "gateway". I think it would be something more along the lines of, stress, boredom, depression...

It's like the square is always a rectangle, but rectangle not always a square thing... People who use "heavy" drugs have all smoked pot, because... (refer *lol, no pun intended* to my above "statistic") but that doesn't mean people who smoke pot will always dive further into drugs.

i leave with this in mind... Lighten the hell up! Life is too short to get all up in arms about a bunch of people you probably don't give a damn about talking about something you don't agree with. If you don't like it, don't look. No excuses about back to back posts raising curiosity... You asked to be dicgusted the second you opened a post you knew you wouldn't like, and no one put a gun to your head to make you read the whole thread, you could have stopped and abruptly ended your shock and disgust whenever you wanted to.

Peace man, peace.

TheInkDoll

"... a thought to all those people who think pot is ok.

smoking pot leads to other use of other "heavier" drugs. "

Since everyone has already suggested taking chill pills and getting senses of humor, i won't repeat those suggestions.

i just wanted to state that the above statistic made me laugh. 90% of psych ward patients used pot... no sh*t, it's because 90% of the world population uses/used pot. Thats like saying that 90% of all people on psychiatric wards have taken a piss somewhere other than a toilet... give me a small break.

And, the word "heavy" is relative.

Not to mention the "gateway" drug bs. i have plenty of friends who smoke pot everyday, but would never touch something "heavier". i have friends who do "heavier" drugs as well, and i don't think any of them would list marajuana as their "gateway". I think it would be something more along the lines of, stress, boredom, depression...

It's like the square is always a rectangle, but rectangle not always a square thing... People who use "heavy" drugs have all smoked pot, because... (refer *lol, no pun intended* to my above "statistic") but that doesn't mean people who smoke pot will always dive further into drugs.

i leave with this in mind... Lighten the hell up! Life is too short to get all up in arms about a bunch of people you probably don't give a damn about talking about something you don't agree with. If you don't like it, don't look. No excuses about back to back posts raising curiosity... You asked to be dicgusted the second you opened a post you knew you wouldn't like, and no one put a gun to your head to make you read the whole thread, you could have stopped and abruptly ended your shock and disgust whenever you wanted to.

Peace man, peace.