Have you ever refused a med student?

JenDiS

After being told by a med student that Ive got permanent lung damage to my lungs (which I didnt and still dont.) I refuse them all the time. Im sorry but its stressful enough going into the hospital and transitioning into that kinda state and getting yourself prepared for all the meds and how your body is going to react to them and get better, the last thing you need is to be a guinea pig. Now I know some people have had no problems with being a guinea pig well thats good for them but honey its perfectly ok to say NO. And if the hospital has a problem with you saying no, then your at the wrong hospital in my opinon. Def. bring it up to your doctor and have him write specific orders that you need a medical professional. ITS ALWAYS OK TO REFUSE A NURSE OR MED STUDENT EVEN A DOCTOR. You have the right as a patient. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

JenDiS

After being told by a med student that Ive got permanent lung damage to my lungs (which I didnt and still dont.) I refuse them all the time. Im sorry but its stressful enough going into the hospital and transitioning into that kinda state and getting yourself prepared for all the meds and how your body is going to react to them and get better, the last thing you need is to be a guinea pig. Now I know some people have had no problems with being a guinea pig well thats good for them but honey its perfectly ok to say NO. And if the hospital has a problem with you saying no, then your at the wrong hospital in my opinon. Def. bring it up to your doctor and have him write specific orders that you need a medical professional. ITS ALWAYS OK TO REFUSE A NURSE OR MED STUDENT EVEN A DOCTOR. You have the right as a patient. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

JenDiS

JenDiS

JenDiS

kathiel

I have refused medical students numerous times, one visit that was very long and tiring I even refused two of the residents that came in to see Samantha. All you have to do is just speak with your nurse when you are being admitted or when they get ready to do the procedure. Samantha has needed an IV once since her port was placed and they were going to let a student do it since her veins had "healed" from having her port so long and I flew off the hook on them. I won't even let students do blood draws on Samantha, they can watch all day long, and do everything else, but they do not come near her with a needle.
If you have to many problems just continue to refuse treatment until you can speak with the charge nurse or your doctor.

kathiel

I have refused medical students numerous times, one visit that was very long and tiring I even refused two of the residents that came in to see Samantha. All you have to do is just speak with your nurse when you are being admitted or when they get ready to do the procedure. Samantha has needed an IV once since her port was placed and they were going to let a student do it since her veins had "healed" from having her port so long and I flew off the hook on them. I won't even let students do blood draws on Samantha, they can watch all day long, and do everything else, but they do not come near her with a needle.
If you have to many problems just continue to refuse treatment until you can speak with the charge nurse or your doctor.

kathiel

kathiel

kathiel

<br />If you have to many problems just continue to refuse treatment until you can speak with the charge nurse or your doctor.
<br />

lightNlife

There are some procedures that I don't let the students do or observe for any variety of reasons. Just because you're in a teaching hospital doesn't mean that you're REQUIRED to let the students work on you. Most of the time I welcome the opportunity to have someone else learn about CF and I subject the students to facts and information about the disease.

It's completely up to you and your preference. Whatever makes you comfortable.

lightNlife

There are some procedures that I don't let the students do or observe for any variety of reasons. Just because you're in a teaching hospital doesn't mean that you're REQUIRED to let the students work on you. Most of the time I welcome the opportunity to have someone else learn about CF and I subject the students to facts and information about the disease.

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

<br />
<br />It's completely up to you and your preference. Whatever makes you comfortable.