Posers?

snowcone200

"Hey! I just wanted to respond because I am a new user and I just want to make sure no one thinks I am a poser and I hope everyone is cautious about not responding to other peoples' topics just because there is a slight chance they are a poser."

Nobody should have to feel they need to prove something just to be taken seriously on this site. It's nobody fault but your own for getting emotionally attached to anyone who suffers from a chronic illness.

snowcone200

"Hey! I just wanted to respond because I am a new user and I just want to make sure no one thinks I am a poser and I hope everyone is cautious about not responding to other peoples' topics just because there is a slight chance they are a poser."

Nobody should have to feel they need to prove something just to be taken seriously on this site. It's nobody fault but your own for getting emotionally attached to anyone who suffers from a chronic illness.

snowcone200

snowcone200

snowcone200

<br />
<br />
<br />Nobody should have to feel they need to prove something just to be taken seriously on this site. It's nobody fault but your own for getting emotionally attached to anyone who suffers from a chronic illness.

Sevenstars

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>snowcone200</b></i>
Nobody should have to feel they need to prove something just to be taken seriously on this site. It's nobody fault but your own for getting emotionally attached to anyone who suffers from a chronic illness.</end quote></div>

Ha.

Sevenstars

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>snowcone200</b></i>
Nobody should have to feel they need to prove something just to be taken seriously on this site. It's nobody fault but your own for getting emotionally attached to anyone who suffers from a chronic illness.</end quote></div>

Ha.

Sevenstars

Ha.

Sevenstars

Nobody should have to feel they need to prove something just to be taken seriously on this site. It's nobody fault but your own for getting emotionally attached to anyone who suffers from a chronic illness.</end quote>

Ha.

Sevenstars

<br />Nobody should have to feel they need to prove something just to be taken seriously on this site. It's nobody fault but your own for getting emotionally attached to anyone who suffers from a chronic illness.</end quote>
<br />
<br />Ha.
<br />
<br />

NYCLawGirl

This is a site where anyone (yes, anyone - the internet is public space) can come and share their thoughts, opinions, stories, and experiences. That automatically also makes it a bit of a cautious, "play-at-your-own-risk" sort of space. Which is not to say that people on this board shouldn't feel able to be open and honest - that is probably the best aspect of this site as a support group - but it is a gentle reminder that we are each responsible for our own actions on the site.

As for so-called "posers," I think it's very sad that people have to come on this board looking for attention by pretending to have CF. Frankly, those people are probably more in need of help than any of us actual CFers, although it's clearly not the type of help most of us are qualified to give. But as for people who have become hesitant to "speak" on this board because of possible posers, well, I would also point out that there are lurkers on this board by the hundreds. Many people have suggested that clinics or doctors check the site, and I am sure more than a couple curious google-addicts have found their way to CF.com. So the simple fact is that while this is a great source for info, it is also NOT a place for most private conversations or even, sadly, for assuming everyone on the board is somehow affected by CF. Without making some sort of screening process, this is just the nature of the beast.

With regards to the "read at your own risk" policy, I think it's a good one. This is a site for opinions, and that means opinions of all types. Some on the site would advocate testing and prevention prior to pregnancy but would never support abortion of a fetus because of CF. Others would advocate abortion as helpful in preventing suffering. Still others feel things are best left to a higher power, and some probably have no opinion on the subject at all. The fact of the matter is I don't think we can claim that any one thread or conversation is a more "legitimate" use of this site than others. Just keep in mind, both as you post and as you read, that people are going to inevitably disagree with you. Personally, I think that's a good thing - it brings more diversity of thought to the forum and therefore makes it both more helpful and more interesting. Maybe that's just because I'm a lawyer (lol), but even the Pope keeps the Devil's Advocate around.

Lauren, I'm sorry you're not feeling well and on IVs. Hope you feel better soon!

NYCLawGirl

This is a site where anyone (yes, anyone - the internet is public space) can come and share their thoughts, opinions, stories, and experiences. That automatically also makes it a bit of a cautious, "play-at-your-own-risk" sort of space. Which is not to say that people on this board shouldn't feel able to be open and honest - that is probably the best aspect of this site as a support group - but it is a gentle reminder that we are each responsible for our own actions on the site.

As for so-called "posers," I think it's very sad that people have to come on this board looking for attention by pretending to have CF. Frankly, those people are probably more in need of help than any of us actual CFers, although it's clearly not the type of help most of us are qualified to give. But as for people who have become hesitant to "speak" on this board because of possible posers, well, I would also point out that there are lurkers on this board by the hundreds. Many people have suggested that clinics or doctors check the site, and I am sure more than a couple curious google-addicts have found their way to CF.com. So the simple fact is that while this is a great source for info, it is also NOT a place for most private conversations or even, sadly, for assuming everyone on the board is somehow affected by CF. Without making some sort of screening process, this is just the nature of the beast.

With regards to the "read at your own risk" policy, I think it's a good one. This is a site for opinions, and that means opinions of all types. Some on the site would advocate testing and prevention prior to pregnancy but would never support abortion of a fetus because of CF. Others would advocate abortion as helpful in preventing suffering. Still others feel things are best left to a higher power, and some probably have no opinion on the subject at all. The fact of the matter is I don't think we can claim that any one thread or conversation is a more "legitimate" use of this site than others. Just keep in mind, both as you post and as you read, that people are going to inevitably disagree with you. Personally, I think that's a good thing - it brings more diversity of thought to the forum and therefore makes it both more helpful and more interesting. Maybe that's just because I'm a lawyer (lol), but even the Pope keeps the Devil's Advocate around.

Lauren, I'm sorry you're not feeling well and on IVs. Hope you feel better soon!

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

<br />
<br />As for so-called "posers," I think it's very sad that people have to come on this board looking for attention by pretending to have CF. Frankly, those people are probably more in need of help than any of us actual CFers, although it's clearly not the type of help most of us are qualified to give. But as for people who have become hesitant to "speak" on this board because of possible posers, well, I would also point out that there are lurkers on this board by the hundreds. Many people have suggested that clinics or doctors check the site, and I am sure more than a couple curious google-addicts have found their way to CF.com. So the simple fact is that while this is a great source for info, it is also NOT a place for most private conversations or even, sadly, for assuming everyone on the board is somehow affected by CF. Without making some sort of screening process, this is just the nature of the beast.
<br />
<br />With regards to the "read at your own risk" policy, I think it's a good one. This is a site for opinions, and that means opinions of all types. Some on the site would advocate testing and prevention prior to pregnancy but would never support abortion of a fetus because of CF. Others would advocate abortion as helpful in preventing suffering. Still others feel things are best left to a higher power, and some probably have no opinion on the subject at all. The fact of the matter is I don't think we can claim that any one thread or conversation is a more "legitimate" use of this site than others. Just keep in mind, both as you post and as you read, that people are going to inevitably disagree with you. Personally, I think that's a good thing - it brings more diversity of thought to the forum and therefore makes it both more helpful and more interesting. Maybe that's just because I'm a lawyer (lol), but even the Pope keeps the Devil's Advocate around.
<br />
<br />Lauren, I'm sorry you're not feeling well and on IVs. Hope you feel better soon!

JazzysMom

It's nobody fault but your own for getting emotionally attached to anyone who suffers from a chronic illness.</end quote></div>

I HAD to respond to this given my state of mind. So its our fault also I ASSUME that CF is the genetic disease be are blessed with. One of the most isolating illnesses because on a good day no one would guess what we go through to have that good day....oh wait except those WITH the same illness. OR wait the fact that the bacterias we culture makes it dangerous even life threatening to congregate in person for support like alcoholics can OR that even the ones closest to you in your life JUST DONT GET IT.....OR how when it takes your spirit piece by piece everyone else not living the same illness things you are a drama queen.

Yes I can see how its nobody's fault but our own for getting emotionally attached to anyone who suffers from a chronic illness. Lets all turn into robots now & just go through life with no sympathy, empathy or self pity then we will never have the worries of attachment again because we will be emotionless.

YES THAT IS A MUCH BETTER WAY I AGREE

**steps off soapbox, kicks dirt, turns up 02 & returns to land of retirement**

JazzysMom

It's nobody fault but your own for getting emotionally attached to anyone who suffers from a chronic illness.</end quote></div>

I HAD to respond to this given my state of mind. So its our fault also I ASSUME that CF is the genetic disease be are blessed with. One of the most isolating illnesses because on a good day no one would guess what we go through to have that good day....oh wait except those WITH the same illness. OR wait the fact that the bacterias we culture makes it dangerous even life threatening to congregate in person for support like alcoholics can OR that even the ones closest to you in your life JUST DONT GET IT.....OR how when it takes your spirit piece by piece everyone else not living the same illness things you are a drama queen.

Yes I can see how its nobody's fault but our own for getting emotionally attached to anyone who suffers from a chronic illness. Lets all turn into robots now & just go through life with no sympathy, empathy or self pity then we will never have the worries of attachment again because we will be emotionless.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

It's nobody fault but your own for getting emotionally attached to anyone who suffers from a chronic illness.</end quote>

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /> It's nobody fault but your own for getting emotionally attached to anyone who suffers from a chronic illness.</end quote>
<br />
<br />I HAD to respond to this given my state of mind. So its our fault also I ASSUME that CF is the genetic disease be are blessed with. One of the most isolating illnesses because on a good day no one would guess what we go through to have that good day....oh wait except those WITH the same illness. OR wait the fact that the bacterias we culture makes it dangerous even life threatening to congregate in person for support like alcoholics can OR that even the ones closest to you in your life JUST DONT GET IT.....OR how when it takes your spirit piece by piece everyone else not living the same illness things you are a drama queen.
<br />
<br />Yes I can see how its nobody's fault but our own for getting emotionally attached to anyone who suffers from a chronic illness. Lets all turn into robots now & just go through life with no sympathy, empathy or self pity then we will never have the worries of attachment again because we will be emotionless.
<br />
<br />YES THAT IS A MUCH BETTER WAY I AGREE
<br />
<br />**steps off soapbox, kicks dirt, turns up 02 & returns to land of retirement**
<br />
<br />