Single CF'rs

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>thelizardqueen</b></i>

For me it depends on the person, the comfort level I have with them, etc. In the past I've told on the first date, and sometimes I've even waited. For me its not so hard telling people about my CF, but rather the big question of 'what do you do for a living', as I'm on Assistance, and often feel uncomfortable telling people. In the end though, if they can't accept my CF, then they're not really worth getting to know.</end quote></div>

I have that problem too. The question of what I do for a living bothers me
alot more than telling people I have CF. Even though I know I can't work
I still like a lazy loser because I don't work, and I don't want to be
perceived as one

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>thelizardqueen</b></i>

For me it depends on the person, the comfort level I have with them, etc. In the past I've told on the first date, and sometimes I've even waited. For me its not so hard telling people about my CF, but rather the big question of 'what do you do for a living', as I'm on Assistance, and often feel uncomfortable telling people. In the end though, if they can't accept my CF, then they're not really worth getting to know.</end quote></div>

perceived as one

perceived as one

For me it depends on the person, the comfort level I have with them, etc. In the past I've told on the first date, and sometimes I've even waited. For me its not so hard telling people about my CF, but rather the big question of 'what do you do for a living', as I'm on Assistance, and often feel uncomfortable telling people. In the end though, if they can't accept my CF, then they're not really worth getting to know.</end quote>

perceived as one

For me it depends on the person, the comfort level I have with them, etc. In the past I've told on the first date, and sometimes I've even waited. For me its not so hard telling people about my CF, but rather the big question of 'what do you do for a living', as I'm on Assistance, and often feel uncomfortable telling people. In the end though, if they can't accept my CF, then they're not really worth getting to know.</end quote>

perceived as one

Lance2020x

Honestly I'm a fan of the whole "Friends first" relationships, I don't really date. But if I WERE to go on a date I think I would wait until there was an opening, I wouldn't wait too long but the fact is why tell them if we go on one date and decide it didn't work?
Maybe that's just me.

Lance2020x

Honestly I'm a fan of the whole "Friends first" relationships, I don't really date. But if I WERE to go on a date I think I would wait until there was an opening, I wouldn't wait too long but the fact is why tell them if we go on one date and decide it didn't work?
Maybe that's just me.

Lance2020x

Maybe that's just me.

Lance2020x

Maybe that's just me.

Lance2020x

Maybe that's just me.

Pete

You've gotta be honest, but don't bombard him/her with all the gory details.

CF isn't who you are, it's what you've got. You will more than likely scare them off if you give them the complete lowdown on the whole situation all in one conversation. Wouldn't you be scared off?. Give them time to get to know you but feed them information at the same time. My partner told me all about it over a period of weeks and provided me with this place to gain some more understanding. Everyone is different in how they'll react.

Committing to someone with CF is a conscious decision they have to make. And being with someone who has CF is a resonably unique situation. 'Friends first' is probably the best option.

Pete

CF isn't who you are, it's what you've got. You will more than likely scare them off if you give them the complete lowdown on the whole situation all in one conversation. Wouldn't you be scared off?. Give them time to get to know you but feed them information at the same time. My partner told me all about it over a period of weeks and provided me with this place to gain some more understanding. Everyone is different in how they'll react.

Committing to someone with CF is a conscious decision they have to make. And being with someone who has CF is a resonably unique situation. 'Friends first' is probably the best option.

Pete

Pete

Pete

chucklingj

I just turned 23 and I began my first serious relationship a little over a year ago. I was very concerned about this very topic of course because I knew though it was similar to telling a friend, it was much more complex. I decided that on my first date with Jeremy I would not tell him because I wanted him to get to know me first. There were two main problems I found about not spilling the beans. The first was that whenever we would go out to eat or I would eat at all around him, I would try to take my enzymes while he wasn't watching or I would plan and take them ahead. That wasn't very good for my digestion I realized. The other was that I felt as though I was lying to him by not telling him about CF. I decided after haivng known him for almost 2 months that I needed to tell him, for me and for him, and for our relationship to grow. You see, it was easier for me to keep it from him than maybe someone else would feel because I was away at school. We were in a long distance relationship but coming home then made me nervous because I hadn't told him and we would have dinner dates and such. I was concerned I may get sick and he would find out that way...the more winter weather we experienced, the more I was concerned. Anyways, I realized there wasn't a perfect time to do this, so I just told him I needed to talk to him...I was extremely relieved. Once I told him, I told him that having CF has made me the person I am today...and fortunately he really liked the person I was (am). I told him I had felt I lied to him and hoped he could understand why I had a hard time telling him. He was sooooo understanding and told me it doesn't change a thing!!! Thank you God! While we were discussing this he ended up saying he already knew...from my dad and some talk and pictures from a CF Golf tourney. At that point, I knew then that my CF didn't make him run and he was there for me no matter what. And he has! I am so blessed! Good luck to anyone struggling with this issue.

chucklingj

I just turned 23 and I began my first serious relationship a little over a year ago. I was very concerned about this very topic of course because I knew though it was similar to telling a friend, it was much more complex. I decided that on my first date with Jeremy I would not tell him because I wanted him to get to know me first. There were two main problems I found about not spilling the beans. The first was that whenever we would go out to eat or I would eat at all around him, I would try to take my enzymes while he wasn't watching or I would plan and take them ahead. That wasn't very good for my digestion I realized. The other was that I felt as though I was lying to him by not telling him about CF. I decided after haivng known him for almost 2 months that I needed to tell him, for me and for him, and for our relationship to grow. You see, it was easier for me to keep it from him than maybe someone else would feel because I was away at school. We were in a long distance relationship but coming home then made me nervous because I hadn't told him and we would have dinner dates and such. I was concerned I may get sick and he would find out that way...the more winter weather we experienced, the more I was concerned. Anyways, I realized there wasn't a perfect time to do this, so I just told him I needed to talk to him...I was extremely relieved. Once I told him, I told him that having CF has made me the person I am today...and fortunately he really liked the person I was (am). I told him I had felt I lied to him and hoped he could understand why I had a hard time telling him. He was sooooo understanding and told me it doesn't change a thing!!! Thank you God! While we were discussing this he ended up saying he already knew...from my dad and some talk and pictures from a CF Golf tourney. At that point, I knew then that my CF didn't make him run and he was there for me no matter what. And he has! I am so blessed! Good luck to anyone struggling with this issue.

chucklingj

chucklingj

chucklingj