to vaccinate or not vaccinate

welshgirl

when joe was due his mmr ( in the uk) we declined like a lot of other parents. mmr was and still is, thought to cause autism in some children. then joe was diagnosed age 6 yrs. we were strongly advised by joe's drs. to get him vaccinated which we did post haste!!!!!!!!!!!! but if he didn't have cf we definately would not have had him vaccinated. joe and us as a family have the flu and pnuemonia shot yearly.

caymancf

My oldest son was dx at 6. There was no question for me to vaccinate any of my children ( I have 4, 3 boys and 1 girl)
I am so glad that I did vaccinate! I truly believe it helped to strenghthen his immune system. He ate dirt, played in the blue water in the toilet, was licked in the mouth by a friends dog and all before he could walk!!
He has never had any major health issue other than having chicken pox while on vacation in Italy. I also belive that in a household with multiple children, it is so important to vaccinate! There is less chance of the non-cfer bringing home some dirty bug for the cfer!
Ultimately, it is the choice of the parents and we must all respect each others choices.
Tiffany
Mother of 4
10yr old-cf
7 1/2yr old - carrier
6 yr old - carrier
14 month old - carrier

caymancf

My oldest son was dx at 6. There was no question for me to vaccinate any of my children ( I have 4, 3 boys and 1 girl)
I am so glad that I did vaccinate! I truly believe it helped to strenghthen his immune system. He ate dirt, played in the blue water in the toilet, was licked in the mouth by a friends dog and all before he could walk!!
He has never had any major health issue other than having chicken pox while on vacation in Italy. I also belive that in a household with multiple children, it is so important to vaccinate! There is less chance of the non-cfer bringing home some dirty bug for the cfer!
Ultimately, it is the choice of the parents and we must all respect each others choices.
Tiffany
Mother of 4
10yr old-cf
7 1/2yr old - carrier
6 yr old - carrier
14 month old - carrier

caymancf

Tiffany
Mother of 4
10yr old-cf
7 1/2yr old - carrier
6 yr old - carrier
14 month old - carrier

JRPandTJP

This is a very personal decision and one that shouldn't be taken lightly no matter if you do or if you don't. To blindly accept the medical community's fear-based approach to health and immunity is not taking responsibility for our children's health. A great book, whether you are a proponent or opponent or somewhere in between to read is "Vaccine's Are they really safe and effective? by Neil Z. Miller. This is not a down with vaccines book, but it can help one decide whether it is beneficial or even which ones are most important (not all are necessary).

Many people vaccinate with the false belief that immunity has been reached. This is not the case and the efficacy rates of vaccines has long been debated (can not even be tested due to the fact that we don't go around exposing our children to the disease to see if they get it or not). Current efficacy rates are based on levels of antibodies present (which is not an indication of whether someone will get the disease or not) rather than infection rates among vaccinated versus unvaccinated. It is estimated that as little as 10-15 percent of vaccinated people are actually immune. This is why whooping cough is still prevalent today and most cases are found in vaccinated children.

If you truly research the topic and you will find that the decline in many of the diseases we vaccinate for is not related to the vaccine itself. Increased nutritional and sanitary measures deserve much of the credit. Several of the diseases were in their own eveolutionary cycle adn on the decline before vaccination begun. This can be shown for almost every disease we vaccinate for. Many of the diseases are also not what you have been trained to believe about them. They are inconvenient yes, but manageable.

Most importantly, no one, even doctors, know the long-term problems that may be related to vaccination. There is evidence that we as a people have not grown healthier since we started mass immunization. In fact the opposite is true. We have more chronic disease than ever before and we have a huge increasing number of children with ADHD/ADD/PPD/Autism, many of whom report reactions after vaccination.

I have a personal friend, whom I met after we made the decision (after much research) not to vaccinate, whose child was injured by his vaccines and is severely autistic. You can quote any study you'd like but they KNOW the moment when their son's brain function was changed forever. This happened after he had mild reactions to the first few rounds of shots and finally a seizure after the last and final one which caused this permanent damage.

If you choose to vaccinate, you have a right to ask for the schedule to be delayed or changed to give the baby's spinal and nervous system a chance to close down (it can take 1+ years). This is related to the milar sheath becoming closed (you'd have to look this up on your own). This is why people wait. The nervous system will be less suseptible to damage after this period of time. In this time, with breast milk, the immune system will build it's own antibodies from the mother and the thymus gland will be strengthened as well. You can also ask to separate the vaccinations so that the exposure to the number of antigens per shot is less. Overloading the immune system with multiple vaccinations at once is also of concern for many chidlren.

A child should never be vaccinated if they are ill, fevering, or other family members have been ill. This weakened state raises the risk for reaction as well.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.osteomed.com/Vaccines.html
">http://www.osteomed.com/Vaccines.html
</a><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.909shot.com/
">http://www.909shot.com/
</a><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://thinktwice.com/autism.htm">http://thinktwice.com/autism.htm</a>

Research and then no matter what you choose it will be based on truth, not propaganada!

JRPandTJP

This is a very personal decision and one that shouldn't be taken lightly no matter if you do or if you don't. To blindly accept the medical community's fear-based approach to health and immunity is not taking responsibility for our children's health. A great book, whether you are a proponent or opponent or somewhere in between to read is "Vaccine's Are they really safe and effective? by Neil Z. Miller. This is not a down with vaccines book, but it can help one decide whether it is beneficial or even which ones are most important (not all are necessary).

Many people vaccinate with the false belief that immunity has been reached. This is not the case and the efficacy rates of vaccines has long been debated (can not even be tested due to the fact that we don't go around exposing our children to the disease to see if they get it or not). Current efficacy rates are based on levels of antibodies present (which is not an indication of whether someone will get the disease or not) rather than infection rates among vaccinated versus unvaccinated. It is estimated that as little as 10-15 percent of vaccinated people are actually immune. This is why whooping cough is still prevalent today and most cases are found in vaccinated children.

If you truly research the topic and you will find that the decline in many of the diseases we vaccinate for is not related to the vaccine itself. Increased nutritional and sanitary measures deserve much of the credit. Several of the diseases were in their own eveolutionary cycle adn on the decline before vaccination begun. This can be shown for almost every disease we vaccinate for. Many of the diseases are also not what you have been trained to believe about them. They are inconvenient yes, but manageable.

Most importantly, no one, even doctors, know the long-term problems that may be related to vaccination. There is evidence that we as a people have not grown healthier since we started mass immunization. In fact the opposite is true. We have more chronic disease than ever before and we have a huge increasing number of children with ADHD/ADD/PPD/Autism, many of whom report reactions after vaccination.

I have a personal friend, whom I met after we made the decision (after much research) not to vaccinate, whose child was injured by his vaccines and is severely autistic. You can quote any study you'd like but they KNOW the moment when their son's brain function was changed forever. This happened after he had mild reactions to the first few rounds of shots and finally a seizure after the last and final one which caused this permanent damage.

If you choose to vaccinate, you have a right to ask for the schedule to be delayed or changed to give the baby's spinal and nervous system a chance to close down (it can take 1+ years). This is related to the milar sheath becoming closed (you'd have to look this up on your own). This is why people wait. The nervous system will be less suseptible to damage after this period of time. In this time, with breast milk, the immune system will build it's own antibodies from the mother and the thymus gland will be strengthened as well. You can also ask to separate the vaccinations so that the exposure to the number of antigens per shot is less. Overloading the immune system with multiple vaccinations at once is also of concern for many chidlren.

A child should never be vaccinated if they are ill, fevering, or other family members have been ill. This weakened state raises the risk for reaction as well.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.osteomed.com/Vaccines.html
</a><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.909shot.com/
</a><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://thinktwice.com/autism.htm">http://thinktwice.com/autism.htm</a>

Research and then no matter what you choose it will be based on truth, not propaganada!

JRPandTJP

anonymous

HI,

I am waiting until the age of two before i vaccinate my son for some things too. (He hasn't had any vaccines yet but he still breastfeeds alot (and is not in daycare) which provides protection from most things for which i have been vaccinated for. Also i intend to breastfeed at least until the age of two. My husband does insist that i vaccinate my son for whooping cough at the age of 1 year. I am insisting that each vaccine be adminstered at 6 month intervals and that each of them be single vaccines only. (For instance instead of having MMR in one shot he would have mumps, wait 6 months, then measles, wait 6 months and then rubella. ) Just out of curiousity, what vaccines are you starting with???

anonymous

HI,

I am waiting until the age of two before i vaccinate my son for some things too. (He hasn't had any vaccines yet but he still breastfeeds alot (and is not in daycare) which provides protection from most things for which i have been vaccinated for. Also i intend to breastfeed at least until the age of two. My husband does insist that i vaccinate my son for whooping cough at the age of 1 year. I am insisting that each vaccine be adminstered at 6 month intervals and that each of them be single vaccines only. (For instance instead of having MMR in one shot he would have mumps, wait 6 months, then measles, wait 6 months and then rubella. ) Just out of curiousity, what vaccines are you starting with???

anonymous

HI,

anonymous

Hi

I'm the above poster again.
Jodi, I absolutely agree with you!

Their is some evidence suggesting that the rise of the autoimmune disorder multiple sclerosis could be related to the rise of vaccinations. (i think jodi meant the myelin sheath in her above post which is what is attacked by the immune system in the case of multiple sclerosis) If you think about it, routine vaccination as a preventative measure has only been around since the 50's which is not quite the lifespan of a single human so how in the world could the chronic, long term effects of vaccines possibly be yet known??? In my opinion it is one big experiment for which the results are not yet in.

In addition to all of the long term unknowns associated with vaccination, they just keep adding more and more vaccines to the list an infant recieves and they definately don't know the consequences of bombarding a developing immune system with so many vaccines! Also the goverment accepts that there is a small percentage of childern that will not react well to the vaccines and will die. This, though unlikely, is a real consequence of vaccination that the government accepts because of the benefits of vaccines to public health. I am certainly not 100% against vaccination. I think that it is a very useful preventative tool. However i think that all parents should be wary of the large volumes of vaccines that are recommended during infancy and should research each vaccines and make an informed descsion. For instance, why are infants being vaccinated against hepatitis b? I think this action could be very useful in the case of the mother being positve for hep b herself but otherwise i just don't understand it. I don't know any infants that engage in sexual activity or french kiss strangers so if the mother doesn't have hep b than why not wait until puberty???? The reason for this vaccination in infancy is because it takes 3 shots seperated by months before hep b immunity is developed. Infancy is the only time children regularly visit the doctor so they have to get all those shots in before the babies become childern otherwise it might not happen.

The reason that the government recommends that these vaccinations be done in infancy is because that is one of the only times in a child's life that they are regularly seen by a doctor. The logic is that, if the vaccines are not administered while the childern are available they might not get administered at all and a outbreak will occur. Also breastfeeding provides alot of protection to the infant, so the breastfed infant will be protected from polio, HIb, etc through antibodies and t-cells that passes through the vaccinated mother's breastmillk.

I am NOT vaccinating my child for chickenpox. For a child, chicken pox it is not a life threatening illness however it is far more serious for adults and the vaccine does a very poor job of protecting people against infection so it is much better to get the illness as a child.

I realize how difficult this decision is to make. It was the most difficult desicion of my life so i absolutly understand why parents choose to vaccinate. I didn't decide to eliminate all vaccines but i am opting not to do many of them. And as i stated above i am waiting until my son is two before i allow them to administer the majority of the vaccines that i consent too.

anonymous

Hi

Their is some evidence suggesting that the rise of the autoimmune disorder multiple sclerosis could be related to the rise of vaccinations. (i think jodi meant the myelin sheath in her above post which is what is attacked by the immune system in the case of multiple sclerosis) If you think about it, routine vaccination as a preventative measure has only been around since the 50's which is not quite the lifespan of a single human so how in the world could the chronic, long term effects of vaccines possibly be yet known??? In my opinion it is one big experiment for which the results are not yet in.

In addition to all of the long term unknowns associated with vaccination, they just keep adding more and more vaccines to the list an infant recieves and they definately don't know the consequences of bombarding a developing immune system with so many vaccines! Also the goverment accepts that there is a small percentage of childern that will not react well to the vaccines and will die. This, though unlikely, is a real consequence of vaccination that the government accepts because of the benefits of vaccines to public health. I am certainly not 100% against vaccination. I think that it is a very useful preventative tool. However i think that all parents should be wary of the large volumes of vaccines that are recommended during infancy and should research each vaccines and make an informed descsion. For instance, why are infants being vaccinated against hepatitis b? I think this action could be very useful in the case of the mother being positve for hep b herself but otherwise i just don't understand it. I don't know any infants that engage in sexual activity or french kiss strangers so if the mother doesn't have hep b than why not wait until puberty???? The reason for this vaccination in infancy is because it takes 3 shots seperated by months before hep b immunity is developed. Infancy is the only time children regularly visit the doctor so they have to get all those shots in before the babies become childern otherwise it might not happen.

The reason that the government recommends that these vaccinations be done in infancy is because that is one of the only times in a child's life that they are regularly seen by a doctor. The logic is that, if the vaccines are not administered while the childern are available they might not get administered at all and a outbreak will occur. Also breastfeeding provides alot of protection to the infant, so the breastfed infant will be protected from polio, HIb, etc through antibodies and t-cells that passes through the vaccinated mother's breastmillk.

I am NOT vaccinating my child for chickenpox. For a child, chicken pox it is not a life threatening illness however it is far more serious for adults and the vaccine does a very poor job of protecting people against infection so it is much better to get the illness as a child.

I realize how difficult this decision is to make. It was the most difficult desicion of my life so i absolutly understand why parents choose to vaccinate. I didn't decide to eliminate all vaccines but i am opting not to do many of them. And as i stated above i am waiting until my son is two before i allow them to administer the majority of the vaccines that i consent too.

anonymous

Hi

anonymous

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I am NOT vaccinating my child for chickenpox. For a child, chicken pox it is not a life threatening illness however it is far more serious for adults and the vaccine does a very poor job of protecting people against infection so it is much better to get the illness as a child. </end quote></div>

Just thought I'd let you know that varicella (chickenpox) is the greatest vaccine preventable killer of children in the US. Also, the vaccine is about 85% effective, and if a vaccinated person does get it, it should be a mild case. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cdc.gov-nip-diseases-varicella-SampleOpEdChickenpox.pdf">chickenpox info</a>

anonymous

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I am NOT vaccinating my child for chickenpox. For a child, chicken pox it is not a life threatening illness however it is far more serious for adults and the vaccine does a very poor job of protecting people against infection so it is much better to get the illness as a child. </end quote></div>

Just thought I'd let you know that varicella (chickenpox) is the greatest vaccine preventable killer of children in the US. Also, the vaccine is about 85% effective, and if a vaccinated person does get it, it should be a mild case. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cdc.gov-nip-diseases-varicella-SampleOpEdChickenpox.pdf">chickenpox info</a>

anonymous

anonymous

let me try that link again <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cdc.gov-nip-diseases-varicella-SampleOpEdChickenpox.pdf">www.cdc.gov-nip-diseases-varic...mpleOpEdChickenpox.pdf</a>