Will know on the 10th of this month...But I think I was right :)

anonymous

Hi my niece has CF and my son is being tested in two weeks. I was reading about your oil experiment and just wanted to see if you could let me know more about it. My niece is almost 20 and the last couple of years has been getting sick more often. She was not diagnosed till she was 14 years old and the first year and a half was never in the hospital. Things just seem to be getting worse alot faster now. I would love to hear about your study you can even email at my regular email address if you want aor post it on here. Either way I will read it. Thanks for sharing with us. I really hope things are going well for you. Jennifer...............address is Jesusluveme819@aol.com

anonymous

Hi my niece has CF and my son is being tested in two weeks. I was reading about your oil experiment and just wanted to see if you could let me know more about it. My niece is almost 20 and the last couple of years has been getting sick more often. She was not diagnosed till she was 14 years old and the first year and a half was never in the hospital. Things just seem to be getting worse alot faster now. I would love to hear about your study you can even email at my regular email address if you want aor post it on here. Either way I will read it. Thanks for sharing with us. I really hope things are going well for you. Jennifer...............address is Jesusluveme819@aol.com

bgchastain

Congratulations Sean!! That's geat!
I've been putting off ordering the water soluable oregano oil because of the price, but seeing your results with it I'll suck it up. Thanks for bringing all of this information to our attention. My PFT's weren't what I wanted them to be when I went to clinic( I was out of OO and waiting for more to be shipped to me), but I have felt great since trying all of this stuff, so that 's more important anyways. Thanks again!

Kat, do you think you could get the same results from pot without smoking it, like say putting it in brownies? That way you get calories too. Just a thought, I would feel more comfortable doing it that way. I did go through that faze in college and I felt great, but I was never that sick anyways. Could be a connection- hmmm- never thought of it.

bgchastain

Congratulations Sean!! That's geat!
I've been putting off ordering the water soluable oregano oil because of the price, but seeing your results with it I'll suck it up. Thanks for bringing all of this information to our attention. My PFT's weren't what I wanted them to be when I went to clinic( I was out of OO and waiting for more to be shipped to me), but I have felt great since trying all of this stuff, so that 's more important anyways. Thanks again!

Kat, do you think you could get the same results from pot without smoking it, like say putting it in brownies? That way you get calories too. Just a thought, I would feel more comfortable doing it that way. I did go through that faze in college and I felt great, but I was never that sick anyways. Could be a connection- hmmm- never thought of it.

anonymous

Sean-I am really happy for you with your awesome results. Did you ever try colloidial silver? I hear this is good too. Be careful taking echinacia (herb) it works great if you take it properly. TAke it too long and it has the opposite effect.

I only worry about people who are on a transplant list. If you take immune boosters it can work against you for the transplant. You never know when the Transplant call will come and if you are inhaling oils into your body it will affect your immue system. There is no set answer to this but in theory it could be a big risk. Then again some people become very sick and they could use the added boost so they stay healthy for the transplant. I think taking coconut oil in small portions would be great.

the only reason why I am writing this is for those who are on the transplant list only. Be careful.
Risa

anonymous

Sean-I am really happy for you with your awesome results. Did you ever try colloidial silver? I hear this is good too. Be careful taking echinacia (herb) it works great if you take it properly. TAke it too long and it has the opposite effect.

I only worry about people who are on a transplant list. If you take immune boosters it can work against you for the transplant. You never know when the Transplant call will come and if you are inhaling oils into your body it will affect your immue system. There is no set answer to this but in theory it could be a big risk. Then again some people become very sick and they could use the added boost so they stay healthy for the transplant. I think taking coconut oil in small portions would be great.

the only reason why I am writing this is for those who are on the transplant list only. Be careful.
Risa

thelizardqueen

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i><br>Anyway, i can offer some assistance regarding the smoking of marijuana - i do, every day and have done for the last 15 or so years. I find that not only do i truly struggle to stop smoking it, from an emotional point of view (as soon as I stop for a few days I wind up in hospital emergency having an anxiety attack!) but part of me also wonders if the pot is quite good for my lungs. Now i know this seems ridiculous but hearing that Sean's doctor said 'some cystics swear by smoking pot' makes me wonder if i'm correct here.

From the investigations that i have done into pot and it's effect on the lungs, it would appear that the main thing it does is suppress the body's immune response slightly, thereby eliminating an inflammatory response in the lungs from the bugs we culture. And as inflammation is one of the main reasons our lungs deteriorate so much, obviously anything we can do to reduce that inflammation is a good thing. True we can take steroids (no thanks!!) or something like Azithromicin, but i'd rather take something more natural given a choice.

I have another theory that perhaps the thick and sticky mucus coating our airways actually helps to prevent the smoke from damaging the lung tissue underneath to the same extent as it would in a healthy pair of lungs??? Maybe wishful thinking but something I wonder about often.

The immediate benefit i find from having a smoke is the fact that it opens my airways right up and stops any coughing I may have been doing prior, also the munchies help me eat lots of high calorie foods when otherwise my appetite isn't that huge, as I do tend to digest my food very well these days - when i was on pancrease i had a huge appetite as food was basically still going straight through me, but now that i'm absorbing it so much better i don't need to eat as much, can be a problem as i 'm still way too thin!

Kat (37, with CF, NZ)<hr></blockquote>

I admit I'm thinking along the same lines as you. I do not smoke at the moment - but for a good 3 years straight I smoked up almost every second day. I find that in those three years, my PFT's/lung function has not changed for the worse, but rather has gotten somewhat better. I also find that the day after I smoke I cough up a ton of stuff, and my lungs always feel clearer afterwards. The munchies help a lo too, as I continualy put weight on because of all the high calorie food that I'll eat. I have talked to my docs about pot, and they tell me to eat it in brownies, but I don't see how this would be beneficial, as it does not go in the lungs, and I find this is where I am better for it. The only thing that ever concerned me was irritation from the smoke, but I have also wondered if the thick mucus in our lungs prevents us from getting that irritation? Just me two cents.

thelizardqueen

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i><br>Anyway, i can offer some assistance regarding the smoking of marijuana - i do, every day and have done for the last 15 or so years. I find that not only do i truly struggle to stop smoking it, from an emotional point of view (as soon as I stop for a few days I wind up in hospital emergency having an anxiety attack!) but part of me also wonders if the pot is quite good for my lungs. Now i know this seems ridiculous but hearing that Sean's doctor said 'some cystics swear by smoking pot' makes me wonder if i'm correct here.

From the investigations that i have done into pot and it's effect on the lungs, it would appear that the main thing it does is suppress the body's immune response slightly, thereby eliminating an inflammatory response in the lungs from the bugs we culture. And as inflammation is one of the main reasons our lungs deteriorate so much, obviously anything we can do to reduce that inflammation is a good thing. True we can take steroids (no thanks!!) or something like Azithromicin, but i'd rather take something more natural given a choice.

I have another theory that perhaps the thick and sticky mucus coating our airways actually helps to prevent the smoke from damaging the lung tissue underneath to the same extent as it would in a healthy pair of lungs??? Maybe wishful thinking but something I wonder about often.

The immediate benefit i find from having a smoke is the fact that it opens my airways right up and stops any coughing I may have been doing prior, also the munchies help me eat lots of high calorie foods when otherwise my appetite isn't that huge, as I do tend to digest my food very well these days - when i was on pancrease i had a huge appetite as food was basically still going straight through me, but now that i'm absorbing it so much better i don't need to eat as much, can be a problem as i 'm still way too thin!

I admit I'm thinking along the same lines as you. I do not smoke at the moment - but for a good 3 years straight I smoked up almost every second day. I find that in those three years, my PFT's/lung function has not changed for the worse, but rather has gotten somewhat better. I also find that the day after I smoke I cough up a ton of stuff, and my lungs always feel clearer afterwards. The munchies help a lo too, as I continualy put weight on because of all the high calorie food that I'll eat. I have talked to my docs about pot, and they tell me to eat it in brownies, but I don't see how this would be beneficial, as it does not go in the lungs, and I find this is where I am better for it. The only thing that ever concerned me was irritation from the smoke, but I have also wondered if the thick mucus in our lungs prevents us from getting that irritation? Just me two cents.

Faust

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i><br>Sean-I am really happy for you with your awesome results. Did you ever try colloidial silver? I hear this is good too. Be careful taking echinacia (herb) it works great if you take it properly. TAke it too long and it has the opposite effect.

Risa<hr></blockquote>

Yeah i'm very apprehensive in recommending anyone do/take anything that are on a trasnplant list, or even immediately after transplant and on all kinds of drugs. It's a very touchy thing, and I don't want to be known as the guy who "killed" someone due to any of my information, even though it's up to them 100% and i've stated that many times, i'm sure some goombahs out there would think differently like "OMG YOU KILLED THAT PERSON!!".

To me the biggest obvious advantages to the essential oils is control over your bad microbes in your lungs/body, especially lungs. The second important benefits to them is controlling gout/CF arthritis, and the third benefit is their massive antioxidant properties to protecting our cells in general.

If someone doesn't have those needs, there probably isn't a point in them using the oils. But since many if not all CF's have issues with PA and other unwanted body microbes, most if not all would get benefit to some degree from the oil useage. When it comes to minors, and especially really young children, and transplant list/transplant recipients, I tell others I don't know the potential risks, and such, generally don't recommend their use.

I have posted what information I have read about doseage and application regarding children, from that FAQ from the powermall that I found a while back, but aside from that, don't know. I especially don't know when it comes to the transplant aspect and their useage.

Personally if it were my child, and say they were past 10 years of age, and their PFT's were continually going down and their rate of infections were increasing, and their overall health was continually degrading, and conventional medical treatment of their CF wasn't helping, damn straight I would have them use the oils. But only I can make that decision for my own child (which I don't have one, this is all hypothetical), and I tell other parents it's up to them, the childs age, and how they feel the child is doing in general.

I can overall only go off how I have responded to the oils use, the research regarding invitro and invivo findings, and what other CF's who have used the oils have told me. This is a large reason why I want to spread the word about the use of these oils for CF patients to everyone who will listen, most importantly those involved in the CF medical community. The more medical professionals that see CF patients improving who take the oils, much more so than they were on conventional treatments, the likelihood of getting real patient trial studies with CF's and the oils will dramatically increase.

Faust

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i><br>Sean-I am really happy for you with your awesome results. Did you ever try colloidial silver? I hear this is good too. Be careful taking echinacia (herb) it works great if you take it properly. TAke it too long and it has the opposite effect.

Risa<hr></blockquote>

Yeah i'm very apprehensive in recommending anyone do/take anything that are on a trasnplant list, or even immediately after transplant and on all kinds of drugs. It's a very touchy thing, and I don't want to be known as the guy who "killed" someone due to any of my information, even though it's up to them 100% and i've stated that many times, i'm sure some goombahs out there would think differently like "OMG YOU KILLED THAT PERSON!!".

To me the biggest obvious advantages to the essential oils is control over your bad microbes in your lungs/body, especially lungs. The second important benefits to them is controlling gout/CF arthritis, and the third benefit is their massive antioxidant properties to protecting our cells in general.

If someone doesn't have those needs, there probably isn't a point in them using the oils. But since many if not all CF's have issues with PA and other unwanted body microbes, most if not all would get benefit to some degree from the oil useage. When it comes to minors, and especially really young children, and transplant list/transplant recipients, I tell others I don't know the potential risks, and such, generally don't recommend their use.

I have posted what information I have read about doseage and application regarding children, from that FAQ from the powermall that I found a while back, but aside from that, don't know. I especially don't know when it comes to the transplant aspect and their useage.

Personally if it were my child, and say they were past 10 years of age, and their PFT's were continually going down and their rate of infections were increasing, and their overall health was continually degrading, and conventional medical treatment of their CF wasn't helping, damn straight I would have them use the oils. But only I can make that decision for my own child (which I don't have one, this is all hypothetical), and I tell other parents it's up to them, the childs age, and how they feel the child is doing in general.

I can overall only go off how I have responded to the oils use, the research regarding invitro and invivo findings, and what other CF's who have used the oils have told me. This is a large reason why I want to spread the word about the use of these oils for CF patients to everyone who will listen, most importantly those involved in the CF medical community. The more medical professionals that see CF patients improving who take the oils, much more so than they were on conventional treatments, the likelihood of getting real patient trial studies with CF's and the oils will dramatically increase.

Faust

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>thelizardqueen</b></i><br><blockquote>Quote
<hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i>
Anyway, i can offer some assistance regarding the smoking of marijuana - i do, every day and have done for the last 15 or so years. I find that not only do i truly struggle to stop smoking it, from an emotional point of view (as soon as I stop for a few days I wind up in hospital emergency having an anxiety attack!) but part of me also wonders if the pot is quite good for my lungs. Now i know this seems ridiculous but hearing that Sean's doctor said 'some cystics swear by smoking pot' makes me wonder if i'm correct here.

I admit I'm thinking along the same lines as you. I do not smoke at the moment - but for a good 3 years straight I smoked up almost every second day. I find that in those three years, my PFT's/lung function has not changed for the worse, but rather has gotten somewhat better. I also find that the day after I smoke I cough up a ton of stuff, and my lungs always feel clearer afterwards. The munchies help a lo too, as I continualy put weight on because of all the high calorie food that I'll eat. I have talked to my docs about pot, and they tell me to eat it in brownies, but I don't see how this would be beneficial, as it does not go in the lungs, and I find this is where I am better for it. The only thing that ever concerned me was irritation from the smoke, but I have also wondered if the thick mucus in our lungs prevents us from getting that irritation? Just me two cents.<hr></blockquote>

/tokes away and passes the old grateful dead bong.

Faust

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>thelizardqueen</b></i><br><blockquote>Quote
<hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i>
Anyway, i can offer some assistance regarding the smoking of marijuana - i do, every day and have done for the last 15 or so years. I find that not only do i truly struggle to stop smoking it, from an emotional point of view (as soon as I stop for a few days I wind up in hospital emergency having an anxiety attack!) but part of me also wonders if the pot is quite good for my lungs. Now i know this seems ridiculous but hearing that Sean's doctor said 'some cystics swear by smoking pot' makes me wonder if i'm correct here.

I admit I'm thinking along the same lines as you. I do not smoke at the moment - but for a good 3 years straight I smoked up almost every second day. I find that in those three years, my PFT's/lung function has not changed for the worse, but rather has gotten somewhat better. I also find that the day after I smoke I cough up a ton of stuff, and my lungs always feel clearer afterwards. The munchies help a lo too, as I continualy put weight on because of all the high calorie food that I'll eat. I have talked to my docs about pot, and they tell me to eat it in brownies, but I don't see how this would be beneficial, as it does not go in the lungs, and I find this is where I am better for it. The only thing that ever concerned me was irritation from the smoke, but I have also wondered if the thick mucus in our lungs prevents us from getting that irritation? Just me two cents.<hr></blockquote>

/tokes away and passes the old grateful dead bong.

Landy

Sean
I may have missed this someplace, but do you do oregano as maintenance long term or more as a 'tune up' when you feel you need to due to infection, decreased lung function, etc?

Landy

Sean
I may have missed this someplace, but do you do oregano as maintenance long term or more as a 'tune up' when you feel you need to due to infection, decreased lung function, etc?