Search results

1. C

Fellow Floridians - help needed for petition!! please read!

Hey everybody. I have been talking to and working with some other CFers and transplant patients at my transplant center in Jacksonville about what we can do to help make the situation faced by those on the transplant list better. With all of the news attention that organ donation has been...
  2. C

Just to let you know

In the event that you all were not aware I wanted to let you know. The CoFounder of The Big Fun Box - Grant Prather passed away Feb 28. By my understanding in the emails that Kurt has gotten he had cancer last year that had been treated and it came back and this time around had spread. He was...
  3. C

Christmas Make a Wish - PLEASE READ

Hey guys, I know I don't post on here much anymore but I knew that this would be the best place to turn for something like this. A friend that I work with was contacted by the Make a Wish Foundation through an email message I suppose. There is a little 4 year old boy that has some major health...
  4. C

Help please with friends Project

Hey guys I know I do not post on here often but I wanted to post this and get the word out to as many people as possible about this. I simply copied and pasted this email message here into a post. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE forward this on to as many people as you possibly can to help her out. I had...
  5. C

Shoshanna - ...

Hey guys I just came across this information on Risa's website and wanted to share it with those here. I know I met Vicki - aka Shoshanna - on this site a while back and thought others may be interested in this news as well. According to Risa's post she was called this past Friday and had her...
  6. C

Just a reminder - keep in prayer

Just wanted to remind everyone that TODAY was the scheduled date for Amber's Kidney transplant. Her mother was set to donate to her. I posted this a little over a week ago, but thought it would NOT hurt to post it again so we could all be thinking of her today and praying for her. Amber has...
  7. C

Just in case you were curious

Hey guys, I just wanted to post a link to Amber's site - beautifulsoul. I have been thinking about her and it looks as though she will be undergoing a kidney transplant the 2nd of July. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cotaforambern.com/node/35">Amber's...
  8. C

Mods can Delete Please

Okay - just read Amy's post with the same info sorry for the double post in a sense. Lindsey
  9. C

Boo!

Hey guys, I just wanted to finally post a message from ME personally. I have been browsing the site for a few days trying to catch up on some things, but wanted to post personally now. I AM home now - got home late Tuesday afternoon. I am doing GREAT! I am going to appointments every few...
  10. C

Debbie - Terri - anyone else

Wanna Chat - come join us! Lindsey
  11. C

Help raise money for CFF

To Our Friends and Supporters: Thank you to those who continue to vote for us. It looks like we are doing good. This is the last week to vote so please remember to vote everyday for us!!!We have a great opportunity to win two awards totaling $105,000 for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, but it...
  12. C

Itchy Skin

Hey guys. I just had a port placed at the end of January. I have had the stitches out for about 1 month (maybe 6 weeks) now. Things have been well for the most part. The area is still slightly tender at times but this new issue has arose in the past few days. The skin around and on top of the...
  13. C

Chat?

Chat anyone
  14. C

Chris ~ Hermit

Hey guys, Just wanted to let you know I got a messge from Chris today. She was admitted last Friday to the hospital. She said she spiked some pretty high fevers on Thursday, so she was admitted. She did not give me a room number or any hospital info. I just wanted to post this to let everyone...
  15. C

Question for the LADIES

Hello Ladies I was just wondering if any of you experienced cervical inflammation. Meaning do you ever feel inflammed during intercourse? Does your gyno. ever say that you look inflammed when you have your annual? I am asking just out of curiousity because I have had my gyn comment multiple...
  16. C

What size needle do you use for your port?

Hey there guys. Well I just got a port about 1 week ago. It has been accessed since last Friday. Things are going fine though it is still tender, but I had a concern/question. What size needle do you guys use - not needle length but more like gauge. I am asking because my homehealth nurse and...
  17. C

Prayer Request PLEASE

Hey guys, I know I know - I am back not even 24 hours and already I am asking for things lol. I was just hoping you could keep my friends daughter in your thoughts. She is 4 and has CF. Her mom is a member of this site, but she doesn't post much (mom2leila). Leila is so amazing but has gotten...
  18. C

Photo posting question

Okay I have recieved pms requesting that I make my picture in my signature smaller. I agree that it is large, but I can not figure out how to make it smaller in size. I have tried fiddling with it and it either doesn't show up at all or it shows up in gimungo form. PLEASE help me some one. I...
  19. C

Indigestion/Heatburn/Acid Reflux and Oral Abx

Okay guys I have been taking Zyvox (600mg) and Cipro (750mg) BID for the past 2 weeks now - well 13 days. I have 1 more week left of each - along with taking TOBI. I have noticed that I have been having major issues with indigestion, acid reflux and heartburn in the past 2 weeks. It truly makes...
  20. C

airplanes and oxygen

I am just curious about the following. Are you able to take portable oxygen tanks on airplanes? I am not on O2 presently, but was just curious about this. Do any of you require oxygen when you fly? My CF Nurse asked me if I take O2 when I fly the other day (which I haven't before), and I...