Search results

1. C

Male fertility question

Now I know that a vast majority of CF men are sterile, because they have a congenital defect- they lack a vas deferens. About 98% of us can't have children because the sperm from the testes can travel to the semen. That being said, has anyone ever heard of a way to bypass this process- somehow...
  2. C

Bacteria and Hypertonic Saline

I have both M. Abscessus and MAC. Both are a bacteria related to tuberculosis. I know a bit about microbiology Saline, or salting kills bacteria. That is why we sometimes salt meats and porks because it is a preservative and a bacterial killer. I was just puffing on my saline this am and a...
  3. C

One more question about Creon

Do you take your creon with your multivitimins? I do at the moment but I've been thinking. Creon helps in fat absorption, not vitamin absorption. Vit D follows fat which follows Creon. Therefore, I've been thinking, it matters squat to take creon during med times unless one eats a meal around...
  4. C

Saline question

I was just prescribed NS. The doctors neglected to say in what order I am supposed to use it in my txs. Now yes, I can call them and get my answer, but I want to know what order you do them in. I'm guessing: Pulmozyme-> duoneb -> NS -> advair I put NS before advair just because advaiar is a...
  5. C

The future witha VX drug

How do you think your treatent/medication regimine will change with the new drug? Post your hopes and opinions, please.
  6. C

Opinions

What do you concider the top three most important things you can do to combat CF? Rank from the MOST important to the least, iyo. It can be as specific as washing your neb or as general as education. To start I will list mine. 1. Education- stay informed and knowledgable 2. Connect with...
  7. C

Very concerned

I had a clinic visit today and got some bad news. I have an FEV at approx 88% and feel relatively well concidering. The bad news. I've been tested positive for both MAC and Mycobacterium Absescus (sp?). Dr. said that the treatment for this is VERY long and involving. I got the impression...
  8. C

Qualifications for transplants?

Could someone explain to me how they (the hospital) decides who should and who should not receive a transplant aside from need. Is it based on compliance with meds? Vitamin deficient? Age? Perceived productivity within society? I am not lined up for one (thank goodness) but I am curious.
  9. C

I need some opinions on neb txs

Hi everyone. I am an adult with a mild case of CF. I recently got out of the hospital and have been prescribed pulmozyme once a day, and albuterol 4 times a day. That being said, I understand the importance of doing the pulmozyme treatment. I also understand the importance of doing the...