Bad Fingernails

RunnerErin

My fingernails are also horrible...and in fact I just bought some polish the other that is supposed to strengthen them! Hopefully it works...

RunnerErin

My fingernails are also horrible...and in fact I just bought some polish the other that is supposed to strengthen them! Hopefully it works...

RunnerErin

RunnerErin

lightNlife

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>barbc888</b></i>

If you like jello, eat some jello. You'll notice your nails will be so much stronger within 2 days. There's an ingredient in there that helps your nails, but I can't remember what it is...

</end quote></div>

Energy gal was incorrect. Jello is a brand name for gelatin. The ingredient in all gelatin is powdered collagen. Collagen is ground up animal hooves (essentially animal toe nails). That's why it improves nails.

Lousy nails are most often the result of vitamin B and iron deficiency. Without enough vitamin B, the nails are thin, weak, and tend to split. A lack of iron will cause small white flecks to appear embedded in the nail itself.

My nails haven't been too bad, but I noticed they looked healthier once I started taking the sourceCF softgels, which have vitamin B in them.

lightNlife

If you like jello, eat some jello. You'll notice your nails will be so much stronger within 2 days. There's an ingredient in there that helps your nails, but I can't remember what it is...

</end quote></div>

Energy gal was incorrect. Jello is a brand name for gelatin. The ingredient in all gelatin is powdered collagen. Collagen is ground up animal hooves (essentially animal toe nails). That's why it improves nails.

Lousy nails are most often the result of vitamin B and iron deficiency. Without enough vitamin B, the nails are thin, weak, and tend to split. A lack of iron will cause small white flecks to appear embedded in the nail itself.

My nails haven't been too bad, but I noticed they looked healthier once I started taking the sourceCF softgels, which have vitamin B in them.

lightNlife

</end quote></div>

lightNlife

</end quote></div>

lightNlife

</end quote>

lightNlife

</end quote>

blindhearted

My nails get to a certain length and break off. They are so thin you can put them against paper and read through them. They also split. However, my mom's nails do the same thing as mine do so I think it's part of genetics as well. My toe nails also split and peel but nothing like my fingernails. Once again, I think that is genetics. My vit levels are always good. I take a multi-vit with iron added to them and I also take a Super B Complex Vit. I havent seen any improvement in my nails since taking the B vit. My fingernails actually dont look bad, it just gets annoying that I can't grow them past a certain length...no matter what I do.

Oh lightNlife...I will never eat Jello again...thanks! lol

blindhearted

My nails get to a certain length and break off. They are so thin you can put them against paper and read through them. They also split. However, my mom's nails do the same thing as mine do so I think it's part of genetics as well. My toe nails also split and peel but nothing like my fingernails. Once again, I think that is genetics. My vit levels are always good. I take a multi-vit with iron added to them and I also take a Super B Complex Vit. I havent seen any improvement in my nails since taking the B vit. My fingernails actually dont look bad, it just gets annoying that I can't grow them past a certain length...no matter what I do.

blindhearted

blindhearted

blindhearted

blindhearted

coltsfan715

Okay - I am so very glad that I came back to this thread and thank you Risa for posting that article.

Now that I read that I am thinking my issues was the Vitamin B - I also started taking the ABDEK post transplant - I take it everyday now versus when I would take it on occasion before transplant (never regularly). If that is a cause of the splitting that is/was probably my problem.

Good to know

Oh and I agree about the Jello - animal hooves kind of a turn off for me too lol.

Take Care,
Linds

coltsfan715

Okay - I am so very glad that I came back to this thread and thank you Risa for posting that article.

Now that I read that I am thinking my issues was the Vitamin B - I also started taking the ABDEK post transplant - I take it everyday now versus when I would take it on occasion before transplant (never regularly). If that is a cause of the splitting that is/was probably my problem.

Good to know

Oh and I agree about the Jello - animal hooves kind of a turn off for me too lol.

Take Care,
Linds

coltsfan715

Good to know

Take Care,
Linds

coltsfan715

Good to know

Take Care,
Linds