The Vest

AbbysMama

Hey. Hope you had a great holiday.

We had no problem getting the SmartVest for our 16 month old. The clinic did wait until after she was 12 months before prescribing it (wanted us to know how to do manual CPT before getting us into the vest). Abby is still asymptomatic and only has occasional "rattles" in her chest. It took less than a week to get the vest through SmartVest and they are handling all of the issues with the insurance company.

We've been pleased with the vest thusfar.

Emily

AbbysMama

We had no problem getting the SmartVest for our 16 month old. The clinic did wait until after she was 12 months before prescribing it (wanted us to know how to do manual CPT before getting us into the vest). Abby is still asymptomatic and only has occasional "rattles" in her chest. It took less than a week to get the vest through SmartVest and they are handling all of the issues with the insurance company.

Emily

AbbysMama

Emily

AbbysMama

Emily

AbbysMama

Emily

sweetwhite30

I got isaiahs vest when he was 4 ,they discouraged it because they wanted us to know and practice how to do manual cpt so when i got RA we got the easy way out oh hilrom we love you.....i get free parts for life for his vest and if the machine breaks we get a brand spanking new one......

sweetwhite30

I got isaiahs vest when he was 4 ,they discouraged it because they wanted us to know and practice how to do manual cpt so when i got RA we got the easy way out oh hilrom we love you.....i get free parts for life for his vest and if the machine breaks we get a brand spanking new one......

sweetwhite30

sweetwhite30

sweetwhite30

kathiel

When my daughter got her vest about 2 years ago (as a matter of fact she got it right after her 2nd birthday) the docs said her chest had to be 13 inches for the one from Hill Rom and it fit her perfectly.

kathiel

When my daughter got her vest about 2 years ago (as a matter of fact she got it right after her 2nd birthday) the docs said her chest had to be 13 inches for the one from Hill Rom and it fit her perfectly.

kathiel

kathiel

kathiel

aannddd

Hi,

We go tthe vest for our son Bob at 12 months of age. His chest need to be 19 inches and his was 21 inches. Our CF doctor was reluctant, saying that he did not have anyone under 5 using it and wanted our son to get in home chest PT 3 days a week instead (in-home chest PT by professional therapists is offer in New England) and he was nervous that if our insurance paid for the vest and it did not work out that they would not pay for the in-home chest PT.

After consulting with several friends who are pediatric nurses they advised us to the Vest. It is far more effective then a parent trying to do chest PT on a toddler who will not sit still.

We have been doing the vest for 4 months now and it is great. Our son does it at nap time and bedtime and falls asleep during both.

I too was nervous about shaken baby syndrome, but was reassured by the Hill-Rom people that it is not the same type of shaking. I would have to agree. It is not more shaking then taking your child in a jogging stroller or going on a bump dirt road in the car. My son is developing as fast as his non-CF older brother.

We did get our insurance to pay for both the Vest and the in-home chest pt. Ultimately, our CF doctor is pleased with that outcome. It is working well for us.

We have gone on vacation with the vest and have given him treatments in the airport.

I would urge you to continue to ask your doctor. I got the ball rolling by calling Hill-Rom myself and then talking to our CF doc as an educated parent.

Good Luck.

aannddd

Hi,

We go tthe vest for our son Bob at 12 months of age. His chest need to be 19 inches and his was 21 inches. Our CF doctor was reluctant, saying that he did not have anyone under 5 using it and wanted our son to get in home chest PT 3 days a week instead (in-home chest PT by professional therapists is offer in New England) and he was nervous that if our insurance paid for the vest and it did not work out that they would not pay for the in-home chest PT.

After consulting with several friends who are pediatric nurses they advised us to the Vest. It is far more effective then a parent trying to do chest PT on a toddler who will not sit still.

We have been doing the vest for 4 months now and it is great. Our son does it at nap time and bedtime and falls asleep during both.

I too was nervous about shaken baby syndrome, but was reassured by the Hill-Rom people that it is not the same type of shaking. I would have to agree. It is not more shaking then taking your child in a jogging stroller or going on a bump dirt road in the car. My son is developing as fast as his non-CF older brother.

We did get our insurance to pay for both the Vest and the in-home chest pt. Ultimately, our CF doctor is pleased with that outcome. It is working well for us.

We have gone on vacation with the vest and have given him treatments in the airport.

I would urge you to continue to ask your doctor. I got the ball rolling by calling Hill-Rom myself and then talking to our CF doc as an educated parent.

Good Luck.

aannddd

Hi,

Good Luck.

aannddd

Hi,

Good Luck.

aannddd

Hi,

Good Luck.