Search results

1. S

Has anyone used Tigecycline?

My son,7, is on Tigecyline right now. I have heard horror stories about what is can do to the teeth and I was wondering if any of you or your children have used this and if so were their any problems with it? I know it is not reccomended for children but my son is a severe case.
  2. S

good news for mrsa

After talking to some parents on here and doing a little research I decided to start giving my son Allicin for his MRSA. He took it for six weeks and then ended up getting admitted. This is actually good for him because he had been two weeks in two weeks out for about a year. His cultures...
  3. S

IVs at home

Does anyone do IV's at home? If so do you do them or does a nurse come and do them for you? I am asking because I am trying to push the doctors to let my son do them at home because he has been in the hospital for two weeks and then home for two weeks for about six months now and I want my son...
  4. S

IVs at home

Does anyone do IV's at home? If so do you do them or does a nurse come and do them for you? I am asking because I am trying to push the doctors to let my son do them at home because he has been in the hospital for two weeks and then home for two weeks for about six months now and I want my son...
  5. S

Is anyone from San Antonio

Our family is being transferred to San Antonio next month and I am nervous about my son's care. He is in the hospital for two weeks and out for two to three weeks so it is important that we have a hospital with a great staff. We currently go to Children's Medical Center of Dallas and we love...
  6. S

Fundraising question

What fundraisers did you find the most helpful?
  7. S

Transplant indecision

So here is my delema. Prior to our transplant evaluation in Houston (we live in Dallas) I was told that AJ will not qualify for a transplant because his pfts are too high (in the 40's) and he is not normally on oxygen. The purpose of the evaluation was because they were deciding weather or not...
  8. S

transplant indecition

So here is my delema. Prior to our transplant evaluation in Houston (we live in Dallas) I was told that AJ will not qualify for a transplant because his pfts are too high (in the 40's) and he is not normally on oxygen. The purpose of the evaluation was because they were deciding weather or not...
  9. S

Funny (not really) thing about MRSA

A couple months ago AJ had a g-tube and a port put in. He has been positive for MRSA for a few years now. So of course when the surgeon was talking to me about the possible complications MRSA came up. But his response was not what I thought it would be. He told me that almost everyone in the...
  10. S

Getting nervous

So it's official, they are going to remove the lower left lobe!!! I am very impressed with how many opinions the Dr.'s have gotten before coming to this conclusion. It will be scheduled sometime in the next 14 days. But the risks are very high and I am so nervous. I just hope this will...
  11. S

Frustrated and wanting him home

This is AJ's third admit in 3 months!! And on top of it he went on a 2 week vacation with his cousin to FL. I just want him home!!!! I want to give him a normal childhood and not have him living at the hospital!!!!!
  12. S

Where to stay after surgery?

They are discussing more in depth what to do with AJ. They are trying to decide between a partial lung removal and a lung transplant although I think they are leaning more toward the removal. There's a lot more to it then that but I'll try to be brief. Even though we have family in St. Louis...
  13. S

CF and Phoenix

There is a chance in a year Kevin's job could be transferring us to Phoenix AZ. Before we decide to go I wanted to know what the clinic's there are like and how hard Phoenix is on your lungs. I have never been there. I really hope we don't go because I love where we live (we are just moving...
  14. S

Partial lung removal

Has anyone's child had part of a lung removed? The dr.'s are discussing it right now for my son and they said it was not very common. No matter how many times we go back to the hospital we cannot clean his lower left lobe out. They ran some tests and there is no air flow through that part of...
  15. S

Side effects

Does anyone notice the meds having side effects on their kids? I can never tell if certain ways that my son is are him or the meds.
  16. S

Question about insurance for CF

My 5 year old has CF and he is may lose his his medicaid. We can't afford his medication. What does everybody use to pay for all these bills and Med's?