Search results

1. L

Vote to help Rock CF!

Dear Friends, Out 8,000 nomintations, I was choses to be in the top 10 for Applebee's Real Burgers for Real Heroes sweepstakes! In order to win the sweepstakes I need your vote and your neighbors vote too! The Grand Prize Winner receives $5,000 and a years worth of Applebee's...
  2. L

Don't Delay, Vote Today...and the next week!

Dear Friends, Out 8,000 nomintations, I was choses to be in the top 10 for Applebee's Real Burgers for Real Heroes sweepstakes! In order to win the sweepstakes I need your vote and your neighbors vote too! The Grand Prize Winner receives $5,000 and a years worth of Applebee's...
  3. L

Clinical Trials...

Here's a little survey for ya: I am wondering if you all are knowledgeable about the clinical trials that are available for CF? Have you been contacted by someone at your care center to participate in a trial? (If yes did you consider it?) If you have not participated what is stopping you...
  4. L

Well the pic is bigger than I thought..

Ok I forgot to post this before but head to your local Barnes & Noble or Borders and pick up the Forbes Magazine with Condeleezza Rice on the cover..yes she bumped me off..BUT the article looks incredible and I couldn't believe the size of the pic they included with the story. Page 70 is where...
  5. L

FORBES Article!

In my last blog I mentioned I was going to a photo shoot for something..well here it is, the online version is out. It is a story for FORBES Magazine! The photo shoot was awesome and I think I may be on the cover of the magazine that hits stands on September 15!! Check it out guys. <a...
  6. L

June's SPIN magazine

That's right baby. Go ahead and pick yourself up a June issue of SPIN magazine (Weezer is on the cover). If you flip about 54'ish pages in you'll see some coverage from the Just Let Me Breathe benefit for CF!!!!! There are about 5 pics..me, Rose Harting (fellow CF'er/singer) and a shot of my...
  7. L

Happy CF Awareness Month!

Hey guys, Congress finally declared May CF Awareness Month, so celebrate and have a darn good month!! This is what I posted on my site, check it out. <a href="<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge...
  8. L

Are you engaged??

Hey guys, Any of you getting married in the next few months?? If so message me or email me emily@letsrockcf.org. There is a pretty awesome project and it is going to focus on a CF'ers wedding and experience. Let me know. Rock CF, Em
  9. L

CF guy on Miami Ink

I was just about to fall asleep while watching Miami Ink tonight and it showed Chris Nunez saying he was "getting a little choked up" while doing this kids tattoo. Immediately I thought maybe the kid has CF..sure enough they come back from commercial and it showed Nunez tattooing the guy Andrew...
  10. L

Chicago & Seattle peeps!

Some of you may know I produce/promote and play with my band in my benefit called Just Let Me Breathe..this year is the 5th anniversary of the show and it has usually been 4-5 Detroit bands playing at the show. Since this year is the 5th annual and my Rock CF Foundation is launched and rollin, I...
  11. L

www.cfvoice.com...you'll want to take a look peeps!

Hey guys, As some of you may know I was flown to Seattle in March to do some tapings for Novartis, a really huge pharmacutical company that is dedicated to working to spread Cystic Fibrosis awareness (this is big time). Today Novartis launched a new website (that the tapings were done for) and...
  12. L

Ciproflaxacin

Hey guys, Yesterday I was desensitized to oral Ciprofloxacin because I am allergic to it and my PFT's are down quite a bit. (I am allergice to everyting used to treat psuedo). I haven't been on cipro for a cool 15 years I would say, my old doc used to prescribe Levaquin orally for minor flair...
  13. L

Getting the movie trailor onto CFTube.

Hey guys thanks for everything..seriously you all are the best and it made everything so much easier this week! Now after an awesome nights sleep I am wondering how to get the Rock CF Movie Trailer on cftube.com..? any insight? If you go www.youtube.com and search Lets Rock CF, it comes up...
  14. L

CF featured on Front page of Spin Magazine's website!

Ok so here is some news about my Just Let Me Breathe benefit concert...100 more people showed up than last year..total being about 550 people..merch sales were $4,500 which is double last year...and the auction table looked like it made out very well. I will post a total asap..there will be...
  15. L

NYC CF Centers..where do you go??

Hey everyone I am planning to relocate (as some of you know) to New York City in the next few months. I am scoping out potential jobs, housing and most importantly CF Centers. If you live in the city, where do you go? Who do you see? Do you like it or love it? Would you recommed the hospital...
  16. L

SarahK just listened to podcast..

I just listened to your podcast with Jerry...very cool! When you said you once lived in Montclair, NJ my ears perked up. I lived there for about a month or two..my uncle's co owner of his shop in NYC lives there and I nannied her kids one sumer. Great little town! I thought it was crazy. Rock...
  17. L

CF calendar..it out and it is sweet!

I don't know if this has been posted you but a sweet 16month CF calendar is out...it features CF kids and adults including yours truely as miss September..oh right that's me haha. Check it out the link is below..you are getting 4 extra months free people. Also if you need to stock a stuffing...
  18. L

Lifebreath on Lifetime TV today at 11am

Ok this awesomely bad movie featuring Luke Perry is on Lifetime at 11am today..it's about luke's character being married to a CF lady who needs a transplant...that's all I'm saying. It is sooo crazy..but check it out if you are bored. Rock CF
  19. L

Cystic Fibrosis in all languages

Hey guys I am working on something here and I need as many different translations of CF as I can get. German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Russian, Polish (I have), Dutch, Skandinavian, Norwegian, Swedish, Finish, Arabic, ..etc..if you know of one let me know. I have a few of them but I...
  20. L

1st 5k under my belt!

I just got home from the Detroit FreePress Marathon...I ran the 5k part..I'd been training for the 10k and it seems like during my training I would get short of breath real easy and have to walk to get it back, then continue to run.. So today I got up at 5:30 did my meds and vest and my dad...