Search results

1. G

CF patients around Chemo patients

My father is going through chemo and I wanted to see if anyone knew if I can be near him or will I pose a threat to his health due to all the bacteria I culture...... Thanks
  2. G

Can you have ABPA without it showing up in your sputum

thanks. I have all the symptoms of it and lived in a house for a year that possibly had mold.... I do not culture it but I have had such an awful year and still recovering from moving from that place. Going to doc and having him test for ABPA but it has not shown up in my sputum.... Thanks!
  3. G

Precision Medical 50 Easy Comp Compressor

Thinking of getting a new compressor. Do you use it? Do you like it? How long does it take to do your meds? Can you use the Pari LC Plus nebs and tubing? Cost? Did insurance cover it? Any and all information would be great! Thanks!<br>
  4. G

Tap Water

So I was told by my CF nurse to not us ANY tap water on my neb pieces. This makes it really hard to use distilled water for the washing step cause you have to use SOOOOOOO much to get all that soap off the cups and pieces. What are you all doing? Have you stopped using Tap water and if so then...
  5. G

VX770

Great news on this drug, but I am jealous I can not take it! I am DDF508..... I kinda feel a lil angry too.... Oh well. I sure hope they find a combination for us DDF508's. But I am glad VX770 is coming out ( if FDA approves).... Sigh,,,,,,,,<br>
  6. G

Feeling bad more times than good

So I was dx with CF @2 and went in for tune ups all through school years etc etc. But for the most part was more feeling good/great than bad. Fast Forward to age 39 and now almost 40 in January and the past year has been hell. I am feeling bad 8 times out of 10. I can not seem to bounce back...
  7. G

TOBI

Does anyone do TOBI everyday, every month? My doc said I could stay on all the time but I am worried about resistance. I feel better when on it then on my off month when I am on Colistin and Cayston does not work for me. Anyone out there take it all the time....<br><br>Thanks!<br>
  8. G

Vesting with a Picc Line

Does anyone else find it to be slightly uncomfortable. No so much during the vesting time but after there is then a dull pain sometimes in the chest area where the picc line is at.... Just curious if anyone else experiences this and if you have any tips.<br><br><br>Thanks!<br>
  9. G

Stomach acid in your sputum

My new clinic is proactive with testing for stomach acid in the sputum culture. Has anyone else had talks about this in regards to their sputum with their CF doc? They want me to get a acid test, where they put you out and stick this thing down your esophagus that will measure how much acid one...
  10. G

Medicare Part B

So I was told that under Part B meds used with medical durable equipement is coverd under Part B. <br><br>1. Those who are diabetic are your test trips then covered? But not needles or insulin unless used with a insulin pump?<br><br>2. I was also told that meds used with the E-flow is NOT...
  11. G

Increased Cough

So I stopped Cayston for awhile cause I felt like it was not keeping me clear and lots of increased coughing. Went back to Tobra.... Now started back on Cayston and the coughing is increased again. But I mean, how do you REALLY know it is the Cayston that is not a good option and TOBRA is better...
  12. G

Cruises

So has anyone gone on a cruise? I was thinking how am I gonna do it because there is no distilled water to purchase to use on my eflow pieces! Anyone have suggestions? I use distilled water to clean all pieces and especially the metal head. I also use the distilled water in my Avent Steamer. Doc...
  13. G

Go to the White House Website

So if the govt does not get their act together by the 24th we may not get our social security checks. I went to the White House website and you can email Obama. I also went to my states representative in congress's website and emailed that person too!  I emailed him about what CF is, how it...
  14. G

bactrim side effects are lingering

Anyone else have this.  I am nauseous and throwing up and itch but not on bactrim anymore. Does it take awhile for the drug and its symptoms to leave your body! Ugh, I am miserable!<br>
  15. G

Eflow

So I was watching the videos on how to clean and disinfect and I do not understand why you have to use distilled ( and now they are saying boiled distilled) water to clean it but then after you disinfect it with the control solution you can use tap water. Does not make sense. I thought tap water...
  16. G

Bactrim

On Bactrim for 2 weeks and it is BRUTAL! The side effects are so bad! Headache, nausea, loss of appetite, feeling like I have the flu. UGH! Working well on the lungs but everything else feels like *&^%&<br><br>Thanks!<br>
  17. G

Those who workout regularly

So I workout at the gym regularly and I had a set back in Jan with 18% drop of PFT's and hence doing a tune up. Since then I can not seem to get back to baseline. And cough alot at night. I am working out but it seems the harder the workout the worse I feel! Not a good tired but a truck ran over...
  18. G

Cayston Users

So I have been on Cayston since last January and at first it felt like Cayston was AWESOME. Now I feel worse on my Cayston months than my Colistin months. It seems the Cayston makes me wheezy, congested and tight chest feeling. The symptoms are most bothersome late in the day and into the...
  19. G

American Eagle Outfitters

Go to their FB page and post CF under their topic looking for a new charity to sponsor. It is the second one down or so. Wouldn't that be awesome!
  20. G

American Eagle Outfitters

If you are on facebook, go to American Eagle FB page and post under their topic looking for new Charities. It is the second one down or so and put CF. That would be AWESOME!