Search results

1. B

LightNLife (Lauren)

Does anybody know how she's doing?
  2. B

Question

Just curious... what's the difference between the "Adults" section and the "Adults with CF" section? Seems like it should be the same exact thing, but there seems to be a whole different crowd of people over there. Anybody know?
  3. B

Just Venting

I was eating a bagel in my office one day last week... I had tested my blood sugar and it was around 60 so I had to eat. My boss comes into my office, looks at me eating and says "that's unreasonable." So I said "what's unreasonable?" He says "eating while you're working at your computer." I...
  4. B

On Home I.V's

Hi Guys, I've been on home i.v.'s for 3 weeks. I've been feeling really good and know that the antibiotics are working their magic. My lungs feel great. But when I woke up this morning, my voice was sounding funny. Now, as the day goes on, it sounds and feels like I'm losing my voice. How...
  5. B

Blue Cross Insurance

I'm thinking of switching my insurance to Blue Cross, and I've never dealt with them before. Can anyone tell me how their customer service is (this is an area that is VERY important to me). Also, has anyone dealt with their mail order pharmacy, Precision Rx? How are they? I'd like to...
  6. B

Express Scripts

I spent an hour today on the phone with my insurance company and Express Scripts. Express Scripts filled my hypertonic saline 3%, but not my hypertonic saline 10%, which were both written on the same prescription. As usual, it was a bizarre chain of events and miscommunication on the part of...
  7. B

Anti-Depressants

I've taken 3 anti-depressants, and I get the same side effect from each one: they all dry out my lungs within a few days. Has anybody else experienced this? If so, did you ever find anything that doesn't cause this to happen? Just curious...
  8. B

Anti-Anxiety Med: Buspirone

I've just recently started taking Buspirone but stopped because my lungs feel very dry, and I've not been able to cough much during treatments. To anybody whose taken this drug: a) has this happened to you? b) if so, did you switch to something else that did not cause your lungs to dry...
  9. B

Lo Detrich

I have been thinking about Lo... Have there been any updates since 7/3? She's in my thoughts and prayers.
  10. B

Depression and medication

Hi Guys, I've been putting off posting this because it's a sensitive subject, and I've been trying to come to terms with the fact that I'm suffering from depression and have been for a while. For those of you who take medication for depression, does it work well for you and does it help...
  11. B

DeVilbiss Pulmo Aide or Pari ProNeb Ultra II?

I'd like to get your opinions on both of these compressors. If anyone has had experience with both of these, please let me know which one you think is better as far as power, longevity, etc. I got the Pari today at a medical supply store, and was told that the Pari is the better of the two...
  12. B

Benefits of Hyp. Saline

I just started on HS about 2 weeks ago, and have noticed that my insulin requirements are dropping each day. I normally take about 20-21 units of Lantus per day, but over the past few days I've had to take less Lantus than usual. I'm now down to 17 units (which never happens!), I'm eating the...
  13. B

Another question about hypertonic saline

I left a message for my dr. about this, but in the meantime, thought I'd run it by you all too. I just started hypertonic saline tonite - 3% and 10% to mix together -- no problem. However, each vial is 15 ml! And the instructions say to mix 50/50. If that means 1/2 of the 3% and 1/2 of the...
  14. B

Hypertonic Saline

My doctor just prescribed hypertonic saline 3% and 10% and I've never taken this before. Problem is, every pharmacy that I call doesn't have it, and won't order it for me. In fact, each person I've talked to has never even heard of it. Anybody ever run into this problem? My doctor knows of a...
  15. B

Problems with calcium supplements and multi-vitamins

Each time I take a calcium supplement or a multi-vitamin (and I've tried many different kinds of both), my skin breaks out. I'll break out in places where pimples don't usually appear on my face... and I have pretty good skin. So as soon as I break out, I stop taking the supplements, and it...