Search results

1. S

IV side effects

I am on colistin and zoysn IVs and have been on them for a week so far. I have numbness, which I have gotten before and isn't that big of a deal. But I also have a weird feeling in my chest. It feels like all my chest/lung muscles are cramping up. It is making me a little short of breath. I have...
  2. S

Green Smoothies

Thanks to a couple of you I am now on the green smoothie kick! So far, the only ones I have made have strawberries, spinach, and one banana in them. I know there are a ton of recipes online but are there any specific ones people like? I would love to know, so I can vary it up! And a huge thank...
  3. S

NAC taste

As part of starting to be more proactive about CF I am finally trying NAC. I received it a couple days ago and am going to start it tomorrow. Here is my problem. I have heard it tastes terrible and I have a bad gag reflex. I can't even have carbonation without spitting it back up. I have tried...
  4. S

Insurance with no job

My husband hates his job and wants to quit. We have enough money where he could take some time off and regroup. I stopped working last year due to my health but have not applied for SSDI (there was thought I might go back next year) Is it possible for my husband to buy private insurance for...
  5. S

African safari

It has been my dream to go on an African safari. We have done a lot of research and were all set to book one this week. It now looks like I can't bring my Vest. What would you recommend as a close alternative? I really don't want to not go because of it. Also, has anyone been on a safari and...
  6. S

Not working, what to do?

I have taken the year off from my job as a teacher because it was just too hard. My lung function is 40ish and I am getting horrible hives and joint pain still, so the lack of working is not really helping. My question is what do you all do during the day? This is more for people without kids. I...
  7. S

Snorkeling

I am going to Hawaii for my honeymoon next month and my fiance really wants to snorkel. I know that CFers can't scuba dive (well, a lot can't) but what about snorkeling? My friends who have done it said they don't think I can. I have 45% lung function.<br><br>I am not planning on snorkeling in...
  8. S

Owning a business?

I know there have been a lot of marriage talk on the boards but my wedding is in two months so I really need to get this sorted out. My fiance has wonderful insurance that I will go on once we are married. But he has hopes of eventually starting his own company or going into business with...
  9. S

PICC problems?

Hi all- I currently am at the end of a three week IV course with Meropenum and Collistin. The first week was great and I improved my lung function and all was good. This last week I have gotten rather short of breath. My PFTs went down. I am extremely tired and have this weird lung pain. It...
  10. S

Throwing up Cipro?

Hi all, I am on 750mg of Cipro three times a day and everytime I take it I either get very nauseous or throw it up. I have been on it before and never have had this problem. I need to stay on it so does anyone have any tips for keeping it down? Thanks a lot
  11. S

Zoysn side effects

Hi all, I just started IV zoysn and am having horrible diarrhea all the time (sorry if that is TMI). I usually get this every time I go on IVs but looked on the internet and am now freaking out that I have C. Diff or something like that. Does anyone else get this side effect and what have you...
  12. S

Only one IV med?

I am getting a PICC tomorrow and am only going on Zoysn. Usually I do that and tobra but the last time I had ringing in the ears so they stopped the tobra and do not want me to try it this time. Is there no other medicine that does the same job as tobra? I just feel that I won't get better with...
  13. S

Handicap parking

Have you guys had trouble lately getting your handicap parking renewed or getting it at all? I have had mine for five years and needed to get it renewed so I brought the forms to the doctor. He said that he can't sign it because I don't qualify anymore. My lung function was 46% but that is the...
  14. S

Arthritis?

Hi all, About a week ago I noticed that I was in a lot of pain all over my body. I am working a lot right now so I thought it had to do with that and put it out of my mind. The other day I woke up and could not move at all because of the pain in all my joints. I could not bend my knees or...
  15. S

ABPA

Hi everyone- I have been on prednisone since I was five, I am 27 now. I was on 10 mg every other day for the last year and was taken off it completely last week because I am going to be in the Vertex trial. Well, I am so tight right now and my chest hurts a lot! What do you guys do to treat...
  16. S

Alaskan Cruise

My boyfriend and I are thinking of going on an Alaskan cruise in August but I have no idea anything about Alaska. I know it will be cold but has anyone gone and had trouble with the elevation or anything? I also have never been on a cruise so are there things that could be a problem that I am...
  17. S

High blood sugar!

Hello everyone. I have been rather sick lately and have been put on 120mg prednisone for three days. I am off that now, down to 60mg. My sugar level is 330! I am not on IVs because my x-rays were fine and it really is just a tightness in my chest. Obviously I am going to call my doctor about...
  18. S

120 mg Prednisone

Hi everyone. I went to the ER today about my infection and my doctor put me on 120 mg. prednisone for three days, tapering after that. He feels this might help me more than IVs, which I agree with. If I am not better by Friday then it is IV time. I am currently on 10 mg. prednisone. What can I...
  19. S

How to tell Parents and Students about CF?

As my other thread has stated I have come down with a rather serious infection, my third or fourth this school year. I feel like I need to write a letter to the parents explaining what is going on, and also tell the children. I work at a small private school and I know rumors are flying around...
  20. S

Very sick and scared

I haven't been signed in in a long time because I was struggling with depression and CF and everything. But now I am scared and need help. I am very sick with a sinus infection that has gone into my lungs. I can breathe, what I cough up is tasting horrible, my chest is very tight, and I am so...