Search results

1. L

acapella

I'm going on vacation and bringing the acapella instead of using the vest. Could someone give me a refresher course on how to breathe with it and any techniques you use to make sure its as effective as possible?
  2. L

ALLERGIES

So along with many living in my area, I am experiencing the worst allergies I have felt in a while. I'm left with a runny nose, itchy watery eyes, strong fatigue, headache and a scratchy throat. I've been doing extra sinus rinses, and I had been taking claritan but switched to zyrtec today...
  3. L

"OLD" CFers

I need to do a project in Gerontology (that is, the study of aging) My professor said to pick a topic which "puts fire in your belly" so I wanted to do something about people with CF who have lived past the life expectancy and how aging affects them and how the progression/ living with the...
  4. L

Aquagenic Wrinkling of the Palms

I was pleasantly surprised to see that NoExcuses just posted something about this in her blog right after my doctor diagnosed it but I still have some questions... Recently my palms have been getting very wrinkled in the shower and then staying like that all day in a whitish peely looking thing...
  5. L

CFF Drug Development Pipeline

I stumbled upon this while looking for some stuff to share on the CFF website for fundraising. I thought it was a nice breakdown of all the clinical trials going on right now and how close we're getting to vital treatments!! I think it's a good way to show people WHAT their money is doing, and...
  6. L

Students With Disabilities

Hey i know a lot of people with CF register with Students With Disabilities in college. I am registering and it asks for specific accommodations. I included a central dorm for less walking in the freezing cold, extra make-up time/ absence forgiveness for hospitalizations and doctors...
  7. L

Vertex

Has anyone heard how the phase 2a trial for the VX809 is going/has gone? Is there anyone out there who participated in it or knows someone who has?
  8. L

Nebs

My boyfriend and I are going on a road trip this summer and I was wondering what you guys do as far as doing your nebs in the car? Is there a portable one that works on batteries or is there some sort of adapter to plug one in in the car? If there is a portable one is it easy to get through...
  9. L

Diabetes

I figured I would post this here since there are a number of people with CFRD here My boyfriend (NO cf) just went to the doctors and had routine urine test and they found a lot of protein in his urine. Upon further investigation (web md hehe) I found that this could be an indication of...
  10. L

Hot or Cold?

Today at field hockey practice it was really cold (40s... i guess is cold for now compared to the winter) I could breathe so much easier when I ran and I easily coughed up more mucus. I always figured its harder to breathe in the cold, but i seem to cough up more junk easier and not loose my...
  11. L

Organ donation awareness

I'm the president of my class and a girl recently approached me saying her cousin has to have a kidney transplant, could we do something to raise awareness or fundraise? I wasn't sure if there was a way to fundraise for transplants, is there a foundation? If not, or even if so, I wanted to do...
  12. L

College living

I was just reading another post about people getting single rooms at college. I am also planning on doing this but I am worried about making friends. I am no doubt a social person, but this is around people I know. How was it being in a single room and making friends?
  13. L

Vest

My vest is over 10 years old, the timer doesn't work, and it is imposssssible to move, its about 50 pounds. Last year the physical therapist said I could get a new smaller one for when I go to college, but now she says insurance won't pay for it only replace the model I have. WHICH IS STUPID...
  14. L

raspy

so i started tobi and pulmicort last week. i've been on tobi before but not for a few months and never on pulmicort before. my voice had gotten a little hoarse yesterday, but i just did my tobi, took a nap, and woke up and i CANT TALK! No sound comes out just a little rasp! also my throat KILLS...
  15. L

working

i posted this in "adults with cf" but i figured i'd post it here too: i am a senior in highschool this year. i have a job at an icecream stand which is open all year round. in the fall i do field hockey which goes after school until about 8 when there is a game. then i come home to do homework...
  16. L

question for my future

Hey this is for CF moms/soon to be CF moms. I'm 18 and obviously not thinking about having a child any time soon, but I have thought about whether or not I will have children when i'm out of college and married. I've always just had it in my head that I wouldn't have kids, that I would get too...
  17. L

SMOKE

we all know how much smoke SUCKS when it gets into our lungs. well i was just out with my friends around a fire in their back yard when a bunch of them decide to smoke some cigarettes , i don't have a problem with them giving themselves lung cancer, but i cant STAND the smoke. I walked away...
  18. L

Hospitals

I'm going away on vacation to my girlfriend's house in Englewood Florida in June. Is anyone from florida? I should be healthy when i'm down there, but just in case does anyone know any good cf clinics around there? I looked on CFF but i have no idea where englewood is even close to. THANKS!
  19. L

Bad mood

does anyone else get in a bad mood when they are on antibiotics? im usually a pretty relaxed person but it seems like when im on a cleanout with iv antibiotics i turn into a jerk. i've been flipping out on my parents for no apparent reason and looking back and wondering why ive been so meannn...